Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Desperate to grow my hair to classic length.

Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Desperate to grow my hair to classic length.

Hi! Welcome to the forum I understand what you mean about impulsive trimming, I was seriously considering shaving half my head last month to solve my broken off hair crisis. I'm very glad I didn't do that lol. If you absolutely have to trim, you can always do micro trimming or dusting. You take off very small amounts but sometimes that's all you need to feel better!

Thank u @spidermom and all my fellow community members. Feel much better after reading your posts. And yes today I tried to put my hair in two braids after an inverted castor oil massage and will sleep like this. I love this community.

☮ Enjoy the journey ♡ Groovy Granny's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I was 61 when I decided to grow long again ....you can do it

Just hide the scissors....and if you see splits then just S&D them.

Any trims should be only out of necessity and cut less than half of your growth; the more you cut the slower the growth.

I will be 68 soon and have grown to TBL a few times over the years; classic was within my reach but I am not comfortable with it being that long.

Happy growing
    (RAOK) Random Act of Kindness - Toys for Members with Very Modest Collections[link]
    Sign-up will be open until September 15, 2019

Thank u @groovy granny. I feel really inspired and hopeful that YES I can do it too. 🤗🤗🤗

I discovered another trick too yesterday. I started watching hair trimming videos on YouTube and that got rid of the urge to trim my hair. And I also watch hair growth journey videos. These really calm me down immensely. It's just that I miss my long hair so much!! It was so beautiful and now all I can do is miss it. But anyway I'm trying again and for now just get inspired by other peoples long hair. This helps believe me.

Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Hi zahraomer05: I, too, am interested in getting my hair to the classic length. I didnít even know there were names for long hair lengths until I joined this forum. I just knew I wanted to grow my hair out to the length it was when I was younger. With henna, I have been successful in getting it past shoulder length, which is where it seemed to stall previously when I was dying my hair. Good luck to you!

http://imgur.com/a/yW28l7a
    This is my current length. But I've dyed it blue black now after just a month of bleach. I feel much better now that's it's back to it's original colour.

https://imgur.com/a/madBdOR
    New colour. Most recent. Now I'm taking it very natural from now on.

Length
    SL/WL+/Term
    Type
    3a/M/iii

Hi and welcome! I was 39 years old when I started growing my hair out again here at the LHC. I've started at a chin length bob. I am also desperate to grow mine to classic length or beyond too! But I agree with spidermom. Enjoy every length and all of the style choices that come your way.

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I agree, the advice to enjoy every stage and length really helped me get through growing. And thinking that this is the Las time I will have my hair so short was comforting as well.