Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: How about a 'No Length Check Challenge'?

Default Re: How about a 'No Length Check Challenge'?

Ok, thanks for all answers.

How do I check the length is: I measure the length with a tape, and I also check where does my longest strand reach on my back, (shirtless. My moles are my body markers).
    If I take a look at my hair at home when I'm dressed, or in the mirror in elevator, or anywhere else, I really don't count that as a measuring. It's more like checking in a way to see if everything is ok or just having a free moment to examine: hemline, colour, form, frizz, waves, how it falls...And with that, I maybe even see the length, but I do not pay attention, because I always say it isn't the real picture if I don't do the checking at home, seeing my body markers.

I think I'm not ready to give up the checking completely, in a way that you do, but if I skip the measuring, would that be enough?
    Anyway, I'll skip the measuring on 1st December, to test myself if I can do it.

Length
    Pixie/ftl/knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Sounds good, if you only check by measuring with a tape, there's no need to stop doing other things. I rarely measure with a tape, I do or used to do a lot of visual measuring/checking so I had to set very strict rules. It does bother me a bit not being able to make sure my hair looks good from the back. I had this one day at work when I had a regular braid and people were commenting about it so much "omg your braid looks so big! Oh wow it looks so long, your hair has grown so much" etc and I wasn't allowed to look at it and see what was so special about it. Maybe there wasn't anything special, people are just used to seeing my short sneaky side braid.
    Let it grow, let it grow, don't cut or fry it anymore,
    Let it grow, let it grow, turn away from silicones
    ...clogged drains never bothered me anyway.

I rarely check the growth of my hair, appart from looking at selfies. So I'm going to go out on a whim and try the expert level. Hopefully for the next 12 months everything goes to plan, although I highly doubt im going to have time with the subjects I'm taking next year at school.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
    Sounds good, if you only check by measuring with a tape, there's no need to stop doing other things. I rarely measure with a tape, I do or used to do a lot of visual measuring/checking so I had to set very strict rules. It does bother me a bit not being able to make sure my hair looks good from the back. I had this one day at work when I had a regular braid and people were commenting about it so much "omg your braid looks so big! Oh wow it looks so long, your hair has grown so much" etc and I wasn't allowed to look at it and see what was so special about it. Maybe there wasn't anything special, people are just used to seeing my short sneaky side braid.
    I had to think a lot about this no check length challenge, and still, I think it isn't for me because I really want to see and follow how my hair grows. Especially, I want to follow how my bangs grow ( I cut a lot recently). No chance that I'm capable of not taking photos and not compare them for the whole 3 months. That's me, but I wish all of you success in this challenge.

Came here to say that I failed miserably this challenge. Checked my hair just one month after I started and kept checking it afterwards. But I also realised that even if I check my growth is more for recording purposes and not like I'm obsesing over the growth anymore. So I think I'm not going to try it again, at least not right now.

I only measure by looking in a mirror. Does that count?

Length
    BSL/clas/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

still haven't measured. Been over a year I'm sure. I do notice I am finally BELOW knee after hovering just above knee for more than a year.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

I almost forgot I was doing this Technically I can do a length check in two weeks, but I'll see if I can add on three more months to it. I've been obsessing over using up my stash more than length at this point xD
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Length
    Bald/Buzz/TBL

I just chopped off bleach damage ends so I'm back with mid neck, joining here until the end of the year, I focus way too much on my hair, time to let it do what hair do so easy mode!

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Hey thanks for getting this thread to the front page again, Bat! I'm also doing this challenge until end of the year