Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How about a 'No Length Check Challenge'?

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: How about a 'No Length Check Challenge'?

I'm looking forward to checking mine on the last day of the year!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    You can do it!

Part of me daydreams about sudden growth spurt during this challenge and part of me is certain that my hair hasn't actually grown at all

I support the idea of having a penalty round. What does the creator of the challenge think?
    Oh yes of course! By penalty round, do we mean not having to start over? I could use that myself...LOL.

Nobody ever HAS to quit the challenge though. It's more about working to break the habit of obsession so really, as long as it takes

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Penalty round could mean you'd have to add one week, for example, to your challenge time if you do check your length ( ).

Length
    Pixie/ftl/knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

I was thinking something like.. If you do the challenge for a month, you would have to extend the challenge for a week as a penalty. For two months it could be two weeks etc. Or something like that. The penalty round would be longer or shorter depending which mode you're doing.
    Of course no one has to quit but people wouldn't have to feel discouraged and feel like they've ruined the challenge and start all over after one accidental length check.
    Last edited by Panthera; October 13th, 2019 at 01:02 AM.
    Let it grow, let it grow, don't cut or fry it anymore,
    Let it grow, let it grow, turn away from silicones
    ...clogged drains never bothered me anyway.

Length
    24”/33.5"/39"
    Type
    1a/F/i

I'd really like to join in here. Though my current paranoia is that my hair isn't growing, so I feel like I would check!! I would like to check at the end of the year. I compulsively used to check and photograph monthly. That was great for a while but now my hair is longer, It's less important to me to document the growth month-to-month. Seasonal checks or 6 monthly etc I might be able to stick to!

Hot tip: SO I've just put my measuring tape out in my partner's workshop. I'm not going to bother to go out there and get it. I might ask him to put it away where I won't see it, too. Seems extreme but oh well :-D

I'll check mine at the end of December (easy mode). That way I can keep my yearly documentation.
    Last edited by LittleHealthy; October 13th, 2019 at 03:28 AM.
    APL - BSL - *MBL* - WL - HL - TBL
    Last trim: 12th March 2021
    Pantene fanatic, sulphate and silicone lover

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    Penalty round could mean you'd have to add one week, for example, to your challenge time if you do check your length ( ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
    I was thinking something like.. If you do the challenge for a month, you would have to extend the challenge for a week as a penalty. For two months it could be two weeks etc. Or something like that. The penalty round would be longer or shorter depending which mode you're doing.
    Of course no one has to quit but people wouldn't have to feel discouraged and feel like they've ruined the challenge and start all over after one accidental length check.
    Sounds good! I'll add this to the OP this evening.

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHealthy View Post
    I'd really like to join in here. Though my current paranoia is that my hair isn't growing, so I feel like I would check!! I would like to check at the end of the year. I compulsively used to check and photograph monthly. That was great for a while but now my hair is longer, It's less important to me to document the growth month-to-month. Seasonal checks or 6 monthly etc I might be able to stick to!

Hot tip: SO I've just put my measuring tape out in my partner's workshop. I'm not going to bother to go out there and get it. I might ask him to put it away where I won't see it, too. Seems extreme but oh well :-D

I'll check mine at the end of December (easy mode). That way I can keep my yearly documentation.
    Good luck, you got this

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I am pondering on whether I should join for the rest of the year or not. It wouldn't be exactly 3 months anymore but I don't know where else to go for something like this, either. At least here, I'd have like-minded support!

It's not so much the length that I'm worried about but thinning. If it wasn't for my current TE shedding, I'd join, but I think I want to take monthly-or-so pics just to see how my ends are holding.

I'll have to meditate on this for a bit.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    Pixie/ftl/knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHealthy View Post
    I'd really like to join in here. Though my current paranoia is that my hair isn't growing, so I feel like I would check!!
    You can do it! I think I'm at false terminal, constantly checking the length and seeing zero growth made me very anxious and worried. This challenge has already helped a lot, I can forget about the growth (or the lack of it) for a while. It doesn't really even bother me that much right now.
    Let it grow, let it grow, don't cut or fry it anymore,
    Let it grow, let it grow, turn away from silicones
    ...clogged drains never bothered me anyway.

I love this one, I’m in! Last time I checked was a week ago. I’m gonna have to go for easy mode since my birthday is in 3 months 😂