Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lush hair care?

Default Re: Lush hair care?

I love all the Lush hair stuff I've tried so far: karma komba shampoo bar, Jason and the argan oil bar, jungle conditioner bar.

Length
    CBL/MBL/Waist

Quote Originally Posted by RunOnCaffeine View Post
    I love all the Lush hair stuff I've tried so far: karma komba shampoo bar, Jason and the argan oil bar, jungle conditioner bar.
    I almost got the argan oil one, I got the one called NEW, it doesn't smell like girl so hubby can use it too lol

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

I've tried Rehab + Retread and Jumping Juniper. Both shampoos dried my hair out like you would not believe, it felt completely stripped and they're expensive. I was shocked that Rehab is supposed to be the most restorative one, but everyone's hair is different I don't think I had any problems with Retread but I had to use a lot of the stuff to feel effective so it's not worth the price point. I didn't use any oils afterwards as I wasn't as knowledgeable back then. Without silicones and oils to lock in moisture there might be partial user error involved, but it just wasn't right for me based on price point and desired effect. I've used Lush's hot oil treatments, I think Hair Doctor and Damaged, I do like those! Lush does have a decent return policy, so if you hold onto your receipt and have 75% of the product left you can get your money back. I've had success with their facial products, unfortunately their hair care doesn't do it for me.

Length
    CBL/MBL/Waist

This morning I used 'fairly traded honey' shampoo and 'American cream' conditioner. I gotta say I'm pretty impressed.

The shampoo lathered well and my hair felt really clean and I didn't need to use a lot of product at all. The conditioner was very different from what I'm used to, it didn't feel like it was doing anything in the shower, it doesn't make your hair all slippy at all. I only used a small amount, a little of this product seems to go a long way, I didn't have any trouble combing my hair out and once it dried it was super shiny, super soft, and feels and smells incredible, I can still smell it now. My husband keeps smelling my hair the weirdo

I don't know how it would go for someone with damaged hair, my hair is straight and pretty normal as far as condition goes and I'm about an inch past BSL. Its only early days, but so far, I'm definitely a fan!

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

The smell of American Cream Conditioner is one of my all time favourite smells. But the conditioner is not hydrating enough for me... But I have been thinking about buying it anyway and using as a last conditioner just because of the smell.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    CBL/MBL/Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    The smell of American Cream Conditioner is one of my all time favourite smells. But the conditioner is not hydrating enough for me... But I have been thinking about buying it anyway and using as a last conditioner just because of the smell.
    I don't blame you, it smells awesome. It sucks it doesn't work for you. The sales chick did say that retread conditioner (in the pot) was the most moisturising conditioner they sold, did you try that one? No idea what it that one smells like though. I worked out the treatment you were talking about is called 'henna and jasmine fluff ease' going to grab some on the weekend.

Edit - Might have to put some american cream through after so I dont smell like pee lol
    Last edited by LillyBlossom; August 8th, 2019 at 04:36 AM.

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Yeah, I have tried Retread, for me it's like a really bad joke... It definitely doesn't agree with my hair, it's like using nothing. And the smell isn't that great either.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LillyBlossom View Post
    This morning I used 'fairly traded honey' shampoo and 'American cream' conditioner. I gotta say I'm pretty impressed.

The shampoo lathered well and my hair felt really clean and I didn't need to use a lot of product at all. The conditioner was very different from what I'm used to, it didn't feel like it was doing anything in the shower, it doesn't make your hair all slippy at all. I only used a small amount, a little of this product seems to go a long way, I didn't have any trouble combing my hair out and once it dried it was super shiny, super soft, and feels and smells incredible, I can still smell it now. My husband keeps smelling my hair the weirdo

I don't know how it would go for someone with damaged hair, my hair is straight and pretty normal as far as condition goes and I'm about an inch past BSL. Its only early days, but so far, I'm definitely a fan!
    It's awesome that your hair has responded positively . If I'm remembering right, their conditioner doesn't have silicones so that could explain why it feels less slippy in the shower.

Length
    CBL/MBL/Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Nox_Inber View Post
    It's awesome that your hair has responded positively . If I'm remembering right, their conditioner doesn't have silicones so that could explain why it feels less slippy in the shower.
    Yes your right, no silicones in them, I used the happy happy joy joy conditioner today and it did feel slippy in the shower when I used it, which is weird, because I think its lighter than the american cream one. My hair really liked it though and it smells really nice

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

So I gave in and bought the American Cream balsam. I have been thinking about it quite a some time now. The smell is so heavenly, ah... I'll probably test is tonight, it's years since last time. If my hair doesn't agree with it, I can always use it for washing my body and shaving.