Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New and a bit frustrated

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: New and a bit frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Q

That’s great, I hope your skin likes it too (or at least, doesn’t hate it!). I notice the difference straight away now if I sleep on a cotton pillow case, I bring my silk scarf everywhere

Im really glad to be here and see what works for other people. Thanks!

Length
    APL/28.5"/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MrsC1970 View Post
    Boy, I sure would like to be a weekly washer. Im every other day because I perspire a lot when I exercise, and I also still use hairspray too. Im trying to cut that back.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsC1970 View Post
    Lol!
    I just envy people who can stretch it out. I always feel like its a chore to wash my hair every other day.
    Youre right, do what feels best. I think im just getting impatient. I just want to see what works best for me. All this experimenting is kind of tough for me. A good hair day feels so good and bad hair day...well, most of us knows how that feels.
    Thanks for your support
    Hi MrsC1970! I also furiously thought in the beginning that it was preferred to wash your hair as little as possible, and I did get my hair washing down to a minimum - and I suffered through it. I wash once a week now, mostly CO (condition only) with oil in the first wash - because I don't use any product on my hair at all, I can wash less.

I think it's important to be gentle with your hair in the washing, so don't put all your hair on top of your head and rough it around to wash it, and I would recommend using warm water for your hair, never hot; and don't brush your hair when it is wet unless it has heaps of conditioner on it - these are some standard things that helped me to keep my hair healthy.

Also, obviously the products you use are very important and as time goes on, you will figure out what works for you. Everyone's hair is so different, you just have to keep asking questions and keep testing.

I second what a lot of the members have said here that wearing your hair up is the best way to protect your hair so it can grow long. I was also quite anti this in the beginning but have started to really love upstyles and experimenting with them. I had no idea they suit me so well. There are so many beautiful ways to wear your hair.

To measure the thickness of your hair just go to here and follow how to do it! Just scroll down to 3rd Classifier - https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=116252.

Good luck and welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your progress!
    Last edited by elfynity; August 6th, 2019 at 03:18 AM.
    BSL -> MBL -> WL (almost) -> Hip->TBL!

Quote Originally Posted by elfynity View Post
    Hi MrsC1970! I also furiously thought in the beginning that it was preferred to wash your hair as little as possible, and I did get my hair washing down to a minimum - and I suffered through it. I wash once a week now, mostly CO (condition only) with oil in the first wash - because I don't use any product on my hair at all, I can wash less.

I think it's important to be gentle with your hair in the washing, so don't put all your hair on top of your head and rough it around to wash it, and I would recommend using warm water for your hair, never hot; and don't brush your hair when it is wet unless it has heaps of conditioner on it - these are some standard things that helped me to keep my hair healthy.

Also, obviously the products you use are very important and as time goes on, you will figure out what works for you. Everyone's hair is so different, you just have to keep asking questions and keep testing.

I second what a lot of the members have said here that wearing your hair up is the best way to protect your hair so it can grow long. I was also quite anti this in the beginning but have started to really love upstyles and experimenting with them. I had no idea they suit me so well. There are so many beautiful ways to wear your hair.

To measure the thickness of your hair just go to here and follow how to do it! Just scroll down to 3rd Classifier - https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=116252.

Good luck and welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your progress!
    Thank you for that link! I'll have to do this when I get a few minutes today.
    Thanks for the tips. Im now much more careful with how I wash...I always thought I had to SCRUB to get my hair clean. Again, product overuse. Such a bad habit.
    I am now wearing my hair up once a week to start with. Its hot weather now so it feels good to get it off my neck. Winter might be a challenge but I wont worry about that yet.
    Thanks for your message. I really like hearing from everyone.

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome! You've gotten such wonderful advice, I cant think of anything to add. Happy growing

Quote Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
    Welcome! You've gotten such wonderful advice, I cant think of anything to add. Happy growing

Thank you!