Thread: Hydrolyzed wheat protein for curls

Default Hydrolyzed wheat protein for curls

I've heard hydrolyzed wheat protein can revive curls, it's in Aveda curl enhancer and many other haircare products. It's water soluble.
    Has anybody used it as a separate ingredient? I've watched hair tutorials with those products and I'm a bit jealous of results. I have allergy to some ingredients in those products, so I wonder if I could mix this protein with products I can use.
    Last edited by Cyclamen; August 9th, 2019 at 12:51 AM. Reason: English grammar

Length
    chin/Hip+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Hydrolyzed wheat protein for curls

I'm also curious about this ingredient as I'm starting to see it in more and more products. I'm currently in a testing phase to see if my hair is protein sensitive or sensitive to specific types of protein. I hope someone has some experience to share.

It’s in some products that I use but I’ve never had or used it separately.

I think most protein containing hair products that are suitable for vegetarians and/or vegans use it. I can’t compare it to animal derived protein because I haven’t used that, or at least not for many years.

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

I've used OGX products with it and I did love the way my hair felt but I can't say that's why. It was really probably the silicones.

Type
    3a/F/i/ii

I would love to hear more about this. For some reason the curls have been pulling out of my front sections.