Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need serious HELP with seamless combs

Length
    ?/TBL/CL?
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

Default Re: Need serious HELP with seamless combs

Quote Originally Posted by akurah View Post
    I have a seamless non Hairsense comb, but it's at the office so I can't look up the stupid brand.

Look into combs made of cellulose acetate, I stumbled upon this term while trying to Google what brand my stupid comb is. That type of comb is popular among men for beards and I'm getting the impression they're typically seamless.

If I remember to check my other comb brand or otherwise figure it out, I'll come reporting back.

Edit to add: Mason Pearson makes carved combs. I don't know if the teeth width will be too your satisfaction or not though. I still haven't found the brand in trying to look up.

Edit 2: found another potential candidate if you're ok to take a gamble, Hercules Sägemann branded combs. I can't recommend them because I don't know anything about them but they appear to be seamless from pictures. Still no luck finding my brand. I'm giving up for the night.
    Thanks so much for looking/trying! I did end up ordering the Hercules Sagemann large Magic Star off of Amazon, hopefully it fits the bill and I won't have to think about this anymore. It's hard finding a comb that fits all the requirements, a lot of the seamless brands don't have combs with wide enough teeth. I hope Eternally in Amber combs come back though, because their combs look so pretty and so many members here recommended them.
    Virginia from Virginia. Climber / fitness junkie trying to figure out how to grow out my hair and be active inside and outside everyday!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I bought mine from Hairsense, the bone combs:
    http://hairsense.com/combs/bone-combs/

The "master rake" or "handle rake" I think are ones you might be looking for.

I have the volumizing one (without the handle), and it comes pretty darn near to a Madora comb.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    ?/TBL/CL?
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I bought mine from Hairsense, the bone combs:
    http://hairsense.com/combs/bone-combs/

The "master rake" or "handle rake" I think are ones you might be looking for.

I have the volumizing one (without the handle), and it comes pretty darn near to a Madora comb.
    Yeah I already dealt with them, the point of this post was really trying to find something that WASN’T Hairsense. Original post has brief backstory.

I’m guessing you never had any issues with them?
    Virginia from Virginia. Climber / fitness junkie trying to figure out how to grow out my hair and be active inside and outside everyday!

Length
    SL/30/TBL?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

gin, my seamless combs are
    Madora
    Swissco
    Eternally In Amber
    Bone Comb (Hairsense)
    Scunci antistatic
    Cricket Silkomb

Since I started using a Wet Brush I hardly ever use a comb. Occasionally I use one for the heck of it or for parting my hair but mostly my Wet Brushes are what I reach for now. If I were to choose a favorite comb that sort of fits what you seem to be looking fot it is my Madora but it doesn't have a handle.

Last edited by deeisme; July 24th, 2019 at 09:04 AM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gin View Post
    Yeah I already dealt with them, the point of this post was really trying to find something that WASN’T Hairsense. Original post has brief backstory.

I’m guessing you never had any issues with them?
    No and I have 3 combs from them. 2 separate orders. My combs are fine, and my orders went fine.

Length
    buzz/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2b/C/ii

I'm pretty sure I have an Eternally in Amber comb that I never use if the new comb you ordered doesn't end up working out, it's the same style as the one deeisme posted, so no handle..

Length
    ?/TBL/CL?
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sumidha View Post
    I'm pretty sure I have an Eternally in Amber comb that I never use if the new comb you ordered doesn't end up working out, it's the same style as the one deeisme posted, so no handle..
    Thanks for letting me know, much appreciated! I'll be sure to send you a PM if I want to take you up on it. Tomorrow is wash day so I'll try this Hercules Sagemann comb out and see how it goes.

Length
    ?/TBL/CL?
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    No and I have 3 combs from them. 2 separate orders. My combs are fine, and my orders went fine.
    lapushka, are your combs completely 100% smooth on the teeth and between the teeth? I got the replacement combs from Hairsense today, and while they are much better than what I originally received, they still have a couple of tiny ridges and indentations in a few places. I don't know if they are big enough or rough enough to catch on any hair, but it's definitely not completely 100% smooth. I just want to know if this is normal for these types of combs, and if it's worth raising another complaint or not.

The Hercules Sagemann from Amazon is very smooth in between the teeth, though I like the spacing and size of the Hairsense one better. Who knew that this would be such an ordeal! Or maybe I am just way too picky about these combs!

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

gin the brand of the other seamless comb I have is di prima. I'm getting the impression they're going to be a pain in the butt to get ahold of though, I don't think the manufacturer sells directly to consumers and the one I looked at on Amazon that might have spacing you like is flagged "currently unavailable"
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gin View Post
    lapushka, are your combs completely 100% smooth on the teeth and between the teeth? I got the replacement combs from Hairsense today, and while they are much better than what I originally received, they still have a couple of tiny ridges and indentations in a few places. I don't know if they are big enough or rough enough to catch on any hair, but it's definitely not completely 100% smooth. I just want to know if this is normal for these types of combs, and if it's worth raising another complaint or not.

The Hercules Sagemann from Amazon is very smooth in between the teeth, though I like the spacing and size of the Hairsense one better. Who knew that this would be such an ordeal! Or maybe I am just way too picky about these combs!
    Mine are, and I have the volume bone one and the two biggest spaced ones. And the thinner spaced rake (forgot about that one somehow and I use it every washday LOL ). I often compare the Hairsense ones to my Hercules Sägemann combs, because they are very comparable.

Keep at them if they are not totally smooth, because they should be!