Thread: New Member :)

Length
    12/12/25
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Default New Member :)

Hey, I signed up about a month ago but I've been shy of coming around I guess
    So... in 2016 I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. This came with a lot of new fun health issues: I lost about 20lbs in a month, I was taken out of school with severe anemia for a short amount of time, I was exhausted and on top of all that practically all my freaking hair fell out.
    Ive since recovered pretty well and I've been in remission for about a year (yayyy!) thanks to some trial and error with different medications. However, I've been struggling with having really thin, brittle hair ever since then.
    A year (or so) ago I cut it by my ears for a "fresh start". Ive cut it a few times since then for "fresher starts" and since im finally getting the hang of taking all my vitamins (prenatals, biotin, and a much needed dose of iron that I cant quite stomach) my hair is coming along pretty well.
    Anyway, Ive marked my birthday an June 2019 (Im 19) as the last time I cut it but its been a little longer that that. Im currently growing it out from shoulder length and its grown just a liiittle bit past that within the last month. Im taking my vitamins, using oil treatments, microfiber towels and being extra gentle and loving with all the hair that i so unfortunately lost a couple years back :')
    Im not exactly sure what my goals are, but right now im just trying to get it at armpit length, since growing it past my shoulders has always been a struggle (thats where it tends to break).
    Im excited to start GROWING!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: New Member :)

Hi & welcome to the forum!

I hope you can get/keep your health on track & happy growing!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    12/12/25
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Thank you !!

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Welcome!

You've been on quite a journey with your hair and health! Chron's can be quite painful from what I've heard and I've had my fair share of GI problems (started at 17) to know how difficult it can be. I'm sorry you've had to go through that. It's great that you have a good vitamin and supplement intake, that will certainly help your body and hair positively Ears to shoulder is still a pretty good amount of growth and you're now getting past shoulder If you haven't already looked into it, learning about protein vs moisture balance in your hair could make a good bit of impact. When my hair all fell out/broke off (health problems) I had way too much protein compared to moisture and it became very brittle and dry. Now I do lots of extra moisture for that part of my length and it's really helped the breakage. It sounds like you're already off to a great start and I wish you good luck with your growth and health

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hello welcome

Length
    BSL/CL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Welcome! Don't be shy, people are super nice here. I'm new too.

Sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope your hair and health journey continue to be good.
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome here! My husband was diagnosed with Crohns but is now doing fine, hopefully you will too, it's a nasty thing to have!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome! Once you get past shoulder, it tends to get easier to keep the hair healthy

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome, glad you have joined the community! Apl was a struggle for me as well. It seemed to take for ever and it's a length where friction damage starts for me. The ends always rubbing on my shoulders means I have to start bunning and braiding to protect the ends. Wishing you the best with you health and hair growing journeys!