Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm having a crisis

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: I'm having a crisis

It didn't come across like that Kalamazoo, and we all need to remember this:
    the real tragedy is what one tells oneself about a certain event, rather than the event itself.
    Also Calvin & Hobbes haircuts made my day.

Length
    26.5"/36"/term
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Thanks, Green leaves!
    1, 2, 3, testing! Trying to figure out how to put a picture here...

Length
    chin/>apl/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Give yourself some TLC. Purchase some 100% jojoba oil (usually about $8usd) and a soft cloth headband in a color you like. Get some mini claw clips from walmart or a pharmacy/grocery. Get a satin hair wrap (sold in the "ethnic" section of the hair aisle). Take a hot bath and relax. Then, oil your hair. Massage your scalp carefully. Don't think about anything negative just let those feelings drift away. When they come to mind remind yourself that you don't have to believe everything you think. Thoughts are just that. They aren't always fact. Let the jojoba oil soak in your hair for a few hours. Feel free to wash it out or leave it depending on your preference. Get into the habit of lightly oiling daily as part of self care. Sleep in your satin hair wrap to help take care of the new growth. Wear your headband when you feel embarrassed and want to hide. Clip your hair in little buns with your claw clips to play with your look as you wait for further progress. Step by step we walk the path.

Quote Originally Posted by patchoulilove View Post
    Give yourself some TLC. Purchase some 100% jojoba oil (usually about $8usd) and a soft cloth headband in a color you like. Get some mini claw clips from walmart or a pharmacy/grocery. Get a satin hair wrap (sold in the "ethnic" section of the hair aisle). Take a hot bath and relax. Then, oil your hair. Massage your scalp carefully. Don't think about anything negative just let those feelings drift away. When they come to mind remind yourself that you don't have to believe everything you think. Thoughts are just that. They aren't always fact. Let the jojoba oil soak in your hair for a few hours. Feel free to wash it out or leave it depending on your preference. Get into the habit of lightly oiling daily as part of self care. Sleep in your satin hair wrap to help take care of the new growth. Wear your headband when you feel embarrassed and want to hide. Clip your hair in little buns with your claw clips to play with your look as you wait for further progress. Step by step we walk the path.

Lovely advice, I’m gonna use it too!

Thank you for the very kind responses and advice, I read each one and really appreciate them. xo
    I don't feel quite right, I have a blood test scheduled and I'm trying to be kinder to myself. My hair is dominating my life at the moment, I look in the mirror and I get so sad. Nothing I do seems to work. I know I need to focus on things that I have more control over so I can improve my well being. Hopefully, healthier hair would be a positive after-effect.
    I have treated myself to some new oils and a satin hair wrap, thank you again for all the messages. xo

Length
    26.5"/36"/term
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

We love you, Zombee!
    1, 2, 3, testing! Trying to figure out how to put a picture here...