Thread: RC Roche clips = Ficcare replica / replacement?

Length
    ?/WL-HL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

Default RC Roche clips = Ficcare replica / replacement?

I've been using these RC Roche clips from Amazon for a few months now:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F8QN1VV

I decided to get them after reading multiple reviews on Amazon that said they were comparable to Ficcares. I have never owned a Ficcare, so I myself have no idea how it compares to the "real thing". Has anyone else ever used these clips? Anyone have an actual comparison to a Ficcare?

Ever since I found out about Ficcare I've considered getting one a few times, though I don't think I could ever justify in my head spending so much on a hair clip (I'm stingy/thrifty with $$, it takes me forever to buy anything haha). These RC Roche clips have been working great for me and you get 6 of them for less than $12. They don't solve all my hair problems though and of course they aren't as pretty. But at least I don't have to worry about losing one or two, which is bound to happen!

Default Re: RC Roche clips = Ficcare replica / replacement?

I just saw these on Amazon while I was looking for new hair toys. I figured I would search LHC to see if anyone else has used them. I'm glad to hear their working for you! Hopefully they'll work for me, at least until I can justify the purchase of a real Ficcare, or convince someone to get one for me for Christmas.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

They might be a similar shape, but those don't feel a thing like Ficcares to me. The teeth are so big and awkward and the hinge is not as good. The one I tried had an awful grippy bit in the middle too that caught on my hair while trying to slide it in. Absolute junk.

You'd be better to save up in my opinion. Nordstrom sells the basic Ficcares in the US and you can often find them here on the swap board too, especially if you don't mind a scratched one. (The older colours are no longer made and are very expensive indeed, but that is not the same for newer ones!) If you have a Nordstrom Rack there, you can sometimes, sometimes find chipped ones there. That's how I got my first one!

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    ?/WL-HL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bess3714 View Post
    I just saw these on Amazon while I was looking for new hair toys. I figured I would search LHC to see if anyone else has used them. I'm glad to hear their working for you! Hopefully they'll work for me, at least until I can justify the purchase of a real Ficcare, or convince someone to get one for me for Christmas.
    Thankfully because of Amazon, you can easily return them if they don't work for you! I got another style of their clips that didn't work at all and returned those. Still have this 6-pack and use them mainly for running.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromis View Post
    They might be a similar shape, but those don't feel a thing like Ficcares to me. The teeth are so big and awkward and the hinge is not as good. The one I tried had an awful grippy bit in the middle too that caught on my hair while trying to slide it in. Absolute junk.

You'd be better to save up in my opinion. Nordstrom sells the basic Ficcares in the US and you can often find them here on the swap board too, especially if you don't mind a scratched one. (The older colours are no longer made and are very expensive indeed, but that is not the same for newer ones!) If you have a Nordstrom Rack there, you can sometimes, sometimes find chipped ones there. That's how I got my first one!
    I don't have the grippy problem, though like I said, I've never owned a Ficcare so I have no clue how it compares. From everything I've read about Ficcares I'm imagining they are quite amazing though.
    Virginia from Virginia. Climber / fitness junkie trying to figure out how to grow out my hair and be active inside and outside everyday!

Type
    1b/F/i

Although I've not gotten that specific brand, I have gotten plastic clips with the long teeth inside. My hair is fine and thin and they work okay for me. They are not quite as good as a Ficcare for me (I wear a small at hip length) but they can serve the purpose if I get them in the right bun in the right way. Definitely not as posh or sturdy as a ficcare. I'm a bit surprised that you can use them with your thick hair.

BTW, I think the LHC lingo for this type of clip is fakkare
    (We are) star stuff contemplating the stars...Carl Sagan
    In old age; wandering on paths of beauty; lively may I walk...Night Chant of the Navajo.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz

☮ Enjoy the journey ♡ Groovy Granny's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/Hip+/HP~TB
    Type
    2c/F/ii

They sure would be lighter....I struggle with ficcares at times because of the weight (fine/wispy silver and sensitive scalp).
    I have some larger plastic Thai claws that I love and could see these working just as well.

You never know....years ago I got a set of metal/gemmed large alligator clips from amazon that are awesome.
    This year I bought a set of acrylic clips (pictured at the bottom of that page) and I just threw them out!
    Within months they rusted, and I feared they would tear my hair up, so I didn't even bother trying to clean them up
    It is too late to return them, but live and learn...plus they were cheap enough

So yeah....really no comparison to ficcares....aside from the type of clip, but I would keep them in mind for myself!
    Let us know how they work for you over time