Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "sleek" hair.

Default Re: "sleek" hair.

For hair like that they have probably used a lot of products and a straightening iron. Sure some people have hair like that naturally but I have rarely seen natural hair like that. It's probably styled for that one photo but going out with hair like that it will get messy and tangled afterwards and get lots of flyaways.

Length
    neck/apl/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

If I flip my hair over my head, the underside is super smooth and absolute silk...love it! However, the top layer is wavy and rough (white dots, breakage). I would give almost anything to know what Iím doing to ruin it. It canít be nutrition related if the new and under growth is nice. Itís no wonder that I have such conflicting feelings between cutting and growing it!
    24Ē...on my way to BSL with a goal of waist.

Length
    8/22/28
    Type
    1a/C/ii/iii

My hair is pin straight, but to make it look like this I need to get a professional blowdry. Any waves would need to be eliminated with flatiron, I'm sure

Length
    Pixie/20/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoCat View Post
    If I flip my hair over my head, the underside is super smooth and absolute silk...love it! However, the top layer is wavy and rough (white dots, breakage). I would give almost anything to know what I’m doing to ruin it. It can’t be nutrition related if the new and under growth is nice. It’s no wonder that I have such conflicting feelings between cutting and growing it!
    The top layer bears the brunt of the weather, heating, air conditioning, whatever else it has to deal with. You could try a bit of extra babying for the top layer, and cover it with a scarf when you’re outside, when possible. Do you use a silk or stain pillowcase, or sleep cap? I use a silk scarf over my pillow and it makes a huge difference.

Length
    15/38/Term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I second hair wrapping.

Glitch has like 2a/b (or was it 2b/2c?) hair naturally but with wrapping, her hair has that sleek, straight look: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=132074
    I am currently mostly lurking; if I ignore your posts/PM/visitor message, I am sorry but I cannot deal with people easily right now. I will get back to you when I am more mentally capable.

Type
    1b/F/i

I third wrapping it! If you have any trouble keeping the silk scarf on while you sleep try one of these.
    (We are) star stuff contemplating the stars...Carl Sagan
    In old age; wandering on paths of beauty; lively may I walk...Night Chant of the Navajo.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz

Length
    neck/apl/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Good point and advice...thanks, all.

I will be buying some silk bonnets or scarves and pillowcases. The satin cap I have now is too snug and rubs in the back, so I only wore it a couple nights.
    Last edited by CosmoCat; June 25th, 2019 at 04:37 PM.
    24Ē...on my way to BSL with a goal of waist.