Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "sleek" hair.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default "sleek" hair.

my question is how to have it. sleek, shiny, moistruized probably.. I have little waves, so my hair is drier than straight hair.

The hair I'm describing is like this:

https://www.hairstraightenerstudio.c...Shiny-Hair.jpg

I understand this is an ad and lots of photoshopping but there are people I see a few times with hair like this...Just! how?

waist lenght - 1b - fine to medium - iii

The Cheery Raggamuffin AutobotsAttack's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/40in/FTL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/iii

Default Re: "sleek" hair.

It’s dependent on your hair color, and hair texture.

Not having sleek hair doesn’t mean it isn’t well kept/maintained, or not well moisturized. If you have waves sometimes the texture will not deflect light as well as someone with straighter hair. That’s not a bad thing though.

If you want shine, BBB brushes are pretty good at distribution of products or sebum. Certain serums can do the trick, deep conditioning, oils, etc. sleek buns or ponytails are also a good way to get that shiny effect.

But if your hair naturally curls or has waves, it’s not guaranteed to always be be shiny.
    “A Wizard is never late! He arrives precisely when he means to!”
    Chin>Neck>SL>BSL>WL>HL>BCL>TBL>Classic>Upper Thigh
    I was the only one who wasn’t King Fu Fighting.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by AutobotsAttack View Post
    It’s dependent on your hair color, and hair texture.

Not having sleek hair doesn’t mean it isn’t well kept/maintained, or not well moisturized. If you have waves sometimes the texture will not deflect light as well as someone with straighter hair. That’s not a bad thing though.

If you want shine, BBB brushes are pretty good at distribution of products or sebum. Certain serums can do the trick, deep conditioning, oils, etc. sleek buns or ponytails are also a good way to get that shiny effect.

But if your hair naturally curls or has waves, it’s not guaranteed to always be be shiny.
    I don't have issues with shine, it is extremely shiny unbrushed too. It's just that "sleek" look to it: very smooth and "oily looking but... not ugly oily.. if that makes sense haha.

Length
    25.5"/.../Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

If you're wavy, even a little bit.. you'll have to straighten it somehow, then add a silicone serum. That's how I used to get my hair to look like that as a wavy. Blow dry, then silicone serum.

Be the voice for those that can't speak...

Another wavy here. I haven't been able to achieve that look ~naturally~, but only with the use of silicone serums/leave-ins, blow-drying, and straightening (like 10+ years ago). I searched Youtube high and low for tutorials about sleek hair over the past few months as well because being poofy is frustrating and all of the tutorials used piles of silicone products and heat styling...

Length
    Pixie/ftl/knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

I don't think wavy hair can be like that without straightening it. You could try to blow dry it with a brush, use a round brush and blow dry your hair as you pull the brush trough your hair to the ends. Finish with a flat iron if you want and have one. Heat styling will cause damage though so be careful. Brush drying with a cooler setting isn't as bad as straightening using a flat iron but I personally wouldn't do that either.
    Let it grow, let it grow, don't cut or fry it anymore,
    Let it grow, let it grow, turn away from silicones
    ...clogged drains never bothered me anyway.

Length
    SL/HL+/KL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

My hair is almost pin straight and won’t do that, just because there are always shorter hairs that will stand up unless you heat style or I don’t know, moisturize, oil and put a satin scarf for hours to make it lie flat. And even doing that it won’t last long that way if worn down.

So flat ironing and serums is the only option I think.

Length
    SL/52.25/48
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I can get my hair to look "sleek" if you count it not being pin-straight , but with oil and cones. I find that if I braid my hair and wet it, the braid waves the next morning look more sleek than my natural texture, since it's more uniform. But part of this is likely due to my colour, which naturally has a lot of shine.

Edit: But it's still not nearly as sleek as in that picture.
    TBL 37.5" ~ Classic 42" ~ Thigh 48" ~ Knee 52"
    WCC ~ LOC

Length
    25.5"/.../Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TreesOfEternity View Post
    My hair is almost pin straight and won’t do that, just because there are always shorter hairs that will stand up unless you heat style or I don’t know, moisturize, oil and put a satin scarf for hours to make it lie flat. And even doing that it won’t last long that way if worn down.

So flat ironing and serums is the only option I think.
    My mother's 1a hair looks like that but definitely not as shiny. All she needs is a serum though and she gets that hair. For whatever reason, even though hair is gonna be different lengths from growth, hers sit flat on top of each other. She only has them stick out when it's very dry - static electricity.

Be the voice for those that can't speak...

Length
    waist/TB/long

Unless your hair is straight and naturally sleek and shiny, you probably won't be able to make it look that way without damage.