Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hair and Folklore: show us your countryís/regionís traditional hair styles

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Hair and Folklore: show us your countryís/regionís traditional hair styles

I'm loving the contributions. This is an awesome thread!
    [ SL | CBL | APL | BSL | WL | HL ]

Length
    birth/Knee/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Hair and Folklore: show us your countryís/regionís traditional hair styles

Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    OMG Russians are so boring girls wore braids (simple English ones, of should I say in this case Russian), this is Miss Russia 2005 and she pretty much sums it up:

unmarried girls wore one, married women wore two, they could be made into buns or wrapped around the head Milkmaid- or Coronet-style. There was a tradition during Russian weddings bride's mother would undo her daughter's single braid and make it into two. The longer the hair was the better, so braids could be wrapped around multiple times and swallow the entire head.

Also marrried women were required to cover their hair with scarves, so creating any sort of a fancy style was pointless younger girls could embelish their braids with ribbons and flowers. There were also some head coverings for "special occasions", like Kokoshnik. But yeah, the base for everything was a simple three strand braid. Nowadays when people try to recreate traditional Russian outfit they just put on a fake long braid and a Kokoshnik or a flower crown.
    Man she has some thick hair.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!