• I'm underweight

4 4.55%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How is your weight, longhairs?

Length
    N/BSL/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: How is your weight, longhairs?

Quote Originally Posted by Longlegs View Post
    I'm average, but my tummy is much bigger than I would like it to be. 'Normal' or 'average' does'nt mean you have a great body in my experience. I know that people with eating disorders can get thinning hair and weak nails. I have heard that our bodies don't consider hair to be important and putting nutrients into our vital organs comes first when you are malnourished.
    That's exactly what happens during fast weight loss with a high caloric deficit. I managed to lose those 25 kg over the course of 8 months. Not only was I shedding hairs left and right but my nails also took a bad hit. Lots of breakage and splintering. And the shedding stopped way before I could even think about letting the nails grow back, they are still not back to what they were.

Length
    25/48/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

I probably weigh a bit more than I should now (and should maybe weigh myself sometime to get an accurate point of reference), but I was pretty underweight a year ago and my hair/nails did suffer as a result. Seems as though everything is starting to strengthen up again. I'm 5'5ish.

Length
    Chin?/BSL?/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

My weight has fluctuated intensely my entire life. I have definitely noticed a difference in my hair when at either extreme. When I weighed too little I lost a lot of hair. My hair was also thin and straight. When I weigh too much my hair is very full and hot. It also seems like I lose less. It also has more body and will hold curls better.

It is actually a part of how I tell if I am at a good weight or not. Other factors I use are frequency/intensity of mensuration, how frequently I have migraines, and if I get dizzy, hot, or lightheaded easily. PCOS problems anyone?

Length
    0.5/SL/WL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I have no idea how to answer this lol, when I joined LHC I was 'obese' (BMI>30) now I'm in the normal range and still going down so maybe 'normal to overweight' in the options above? I've not noticed any hair differences. I'd imagine poor nutrition at any weight would affect hair though, at least eventually.
    No trim 2019; No dye until 2020.