• I'm underweight

9 5.49%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How is your weight, longhairs?

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: How is your weight, longhairs?

My BMI ranges from 20-21, so I guess that's ideal. 21 (up to 130lbs at 5'6) is when I am working out, I gain weight in muscle. When I'm not frequently going to the gym and eating a lot of protein I wither down to 120lbs or less. I try to gain weight in the right areas but it doesn't happen. I'm about as feminine as an ironing board.
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Account Closed by Member Request

I am within the ideal weight range, (BMI 20) back in my younger days I was more within normal weight a bit towards underweight but nothing, at all, abnormal. I mentioned this anecdote here already, that my aunts would taunt me, by saying that my hair got all the nutrients and was making me way too small and they would even offer to pay and take me to a salon to have it cut. I always had a fantastic metabolism and I am very happy with my body weight, shape and fit even as I grow older. My jobs were always around the manual labour category and I have always had a good diet too. Atlantic/Mediterranean, which I keep here, where I live now.
    Last edited by Ligeia Noire; June 15th, 2019 at 11:10 AM.

Idk what to put here ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I've gained 40 pounds since beginning medications for one of my chronic illnesses. I currently am trying to lose half of that.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

This is such a loaded question (but not necessarily in a bad way). I'm about 10 lbs (4.5 kg) overweight right now, but I used to be 70 lbs overweight. Lost 100 lbs, but gained back about 40 lbs, some on purpose (was too skinny), but the last 15 of that 40 were from being careless. I'm working on losing 10 lbs again, and just chilling out at somewhere between 140 and 150 lbs until I can devote more time to fitness. Fitness is one of my hobbies (along with video games and some others) that got backburner-ed when I decide to go back to school.

By the BMI chart, I'm overweight, but just barely. When I lose these last 10 lbs I'll be firmly back into the "normal" category.

Insofar as hair thickness goes, I don't think this weight fluctuation has affected my hair thickness, but my claim is very unscientific as I don't measure my thickness very often, and I don't remember what it was when I was 70 lbs heavier, so it's speculation on my part.

I did get two modest bald spots, but I also believe that is unrelated to my weight and my weight loss.

I think weight can affect hair thickness, but I think it'd be difficult to measure accurately unless you were scientifically trained and able to perform a study (I am neither...). I think what your body cares about most is "do we have enough nutrients to give to hair and nails, or do we need to keep it for more important functions?" and that's how the body decides, and weight is more of a contributing factor (or just related factor) without being THE factor.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Normal weight here.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    My BMI ranges from 20-21, so I guess that's ideal. 21 (up to 130lbs at 5'6) is when I am working out, I gain weight in muscle. When I'm not frequently going to the gym and eating a lot of protein I wither down to 120lbs or less. I try to gain weight in the right areas but it doesn't happen. I'm about as feminine as an ironing board.
    ROFL! This made me laugh The comparison to an ironing board, never heard something like that. LOL! I'm an ironing board too. Not much in boob and butt area. Would like to have more there too. Maximum-push-up bra and circle/swing skirts help quite well though.
    FINALLY THICK WL HAIR AFTER HAIR LOSS TRAGEDY!!! See here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUx624JRX84&t=2095s

Length
    28"/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/iii

I was overweight just a few weeks ago. I've been working very hard since about 2 weeks after my daughter was born in March on how my body functions (physical therapy) and weight loss. And I've been very successful. I've been losing a pound a week every week.

I've never noticed a change in my hair thickness with weight. My hair was thick and full when I was a skinny teenager and in my 20s. It didn't get any thicker when I purposely put on 10lbs. I only notice thickness changing with hormones.

Length
    Buzz/Hip/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I am 7 lbs overweight, but my waist to hip ratio is in a healthy range. I also have a large frame/big boned. I chose; I have 'normal' body weight, more towards overweight.

I am 5'6 tall (167? cm) and 162 lbs. (73 kg)

My hair thickened up at the same time I gained weight over the last 5 years. I put on about 5 to 8 lbs a year. Recently my husband lost a lot of weight fast, and at the same time his hair has been shedding like crazy (he has shoulder length hair). I've been working on losing weight too, but at a slower pace than my husband. I haven't noticed an increase in my shed hairs, thankfully.

Type
    2a/C/ii

I'm not really sure how to answer this poll, even though I voted a day ago quite without thinking about it.
    BMI doesn't really have any gray areas, it's just "ideal" or "under/overweight". I am at an "ideal" weight now, but I'm closer to the underweight line than the overweight, at times I do fall down to just below 18.5 BMI, which is underweight, hence my vote.
    I fluctuate from 51 kg up to 62 kg (I'm 1.68 m) depending on when (and for how long) I binge on cookies, chips and such. Usually linger around 53 to 57 in periods where I'm "moderately unhealthy". I've recently (few months ago) stopped eating such snacks all together (aiming for a healthier life) so my weight is coming down again. Ideally I suppose it shouldn't drop below 53 kg, so I'll have to keep an eye on that.

My hair never seems to care what weight I am.

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I actually didn't know what's considered ideal body weight for me so did a quick search. Apparently my ideal weight according to different formulas is between 68-71 kg and my healthy BMI range is 60-82 kg. At the moment I'm 73 kg and my BMI is 22 so pretty much in the middle of healthy BMI range. I wouldn't say that my weight is ideal at the moment because it's not the weight I'm in when I have a healthy diet and exercise routine. Slowly but surely I have been losing the depression weight I gained last year. Meds, sedentary lifestyle and emotional eating did a number on me. I have lost some weight mostly through diet changes and I do think it might be slowing down my hair growth this year. Might have been the reason for some shedding too.