Thread: Help dry broken hair, KMS moist repair ingredients any good any advise

Default Help dry broken hair, KMS moist repair ingredients any good any advise

Hi I have currently switch to natural shampoo and conditioner two months ago Iím finding my hair looks very dry and very broken brittle looking, and by the next day itís a frizzy greasy mess,
    Iíve looked up KMS MOIAT REPAIR shampoo and conditioner and was wondering if the ingredients are good and if they contain a silicone? I am thinking of going back to silicones but water soluble ones. I will include the ingredients in the shampoo and conditioner here

Shampoo
    Water / Aqua / Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Lanolin Acid, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Sodium Chloride, Lactic Acid, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-18 Glyceryl Oleate/Cocoate, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Panthenol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Citric Acid, Stearoxypropyl Dimethylamine, PPG-9, Lecithin, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, PCA, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Myristic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tartaric Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Malic Acid, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Sodium Benzoate, Benzoic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance / Parfum

Conditioner

Water /Aqua / Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Myristate, Lanolin Acid, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mineral Oil / Paraffinum Liquidum / Huile Minťrale, Panthenol, Stearoxypropyl Dimethylamine, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lecithin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Lactic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Polysorbate 60, Citric Acid, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Myristic Acid, Guar HydroxypropyltrimoniumChloride, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium
    Benzoate, Fragrance / Parfum.
    My help would be great

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ??/Knee/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Help dry broken hair, KMS moist repair ingredients any good any advise

It depends what you're looking for in a shampoo or conditioner, what you're using now and why you wanted to switch to 'natural'. I.e., what are you using now that doesn't suit your hair? What is it you want to know about the ingredients above? There are no silicones and nothing in there to harm hair - but then I don't think many products are on sale that truly can harm your hair They both look like they could be quite heavy products, and probably live up to their moisturising claim. That works great for some people, for others they might be too heavy
    Knee by 'Nineteen - hooray! Tiny trim and now onto Calf!
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair - phew

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Help dry broken hair, KMS moist repair ingredients any good any advise

If you have oily scalp, do not get anything "moisturizing" for a shampoo.

Get something suited towards an oily scalp. Like HASK charcoal shampoo (that's a sulfate-free one). Or, Shea Moisture JBCO shampoo (sulfate-free one). I can go on, but you get the gist. If you want a sulfate shampoo, any cheap sulfate shampoo, let's say the Suave daily clarifying will do just fine!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Pixie/34/40
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

What shampoo and conditioner have you been using so far? Sounds like they're not moisturizing enough. Or the shampoo might be drying. Natural isn't automatically gentle and good for your hair, there are some really harsh natural shampoos too.
    Let it grow, let it grow, don't cut or fry it anymore,
    Let it grow, let it grow, turn away from silicones
    ...clogged drains never bothered me anyway.

Length
    shldr/clsc/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

If you liked your hair before you switched to a natural shampoo and conditioner, why not go back to what you used before?
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The orange cat in my avatar

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by akurah View Post
    If you liked your hair before you switched to a natural shampoo and conditioner, why not go back to what you used before?
    Good point! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)