Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Pros and cons of BBB brushing

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Pros and cons of BBB brushing

I was having a particularly oily hair week and thought I might have to wash earlier then planned. I decided to experiment with a few different braid styles, which required a fair bit if brushing between each style. I used my BBB for this... and does it ever distribute the oil!!

It's wash day tomorrow and my hair looks fine. Actually very voluminous. I find my natural oils help to hold my hair in what ever way I style it... so if I brush against my scalp it lays flat. When I'm ready to style it I brush my hair up from the roots and it creates some great root lift.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

I’ve bought a couple of bbb’s in the past and don’t especially like using them. It seems like brushing with them makes my hair look oily and also makes it staticky. Also, I don’t feel like the brush penetrates the hair well, and my hair isn’t thick or coarse.

Length
    MBL/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I find that using a boar bristle brush gets rid of my hair being clumpy when oily (especially when it is one or two days before wash day). It does flatten my hair, but it also makes it look shinier!

I've started to use mine after oiling (on dry hair) to help smooth the oil over more of the hair...
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

I've found that the key to using a boar bristle brush (especially if the bristles aren't firm enough to get through your hair normally) is to section your hair and work through smaller sections, giving each a good number of strokes. And only after detangling and brushing with a brush that will go through the entire hair (wood pin or tangle teaser for example). It's really helpful in stretching washes and leaving hair soft and moisturized (assuming you produce a decent amount of natural sebum). Sure, I have oily hair pretty quickly but this way I'm at least spreading that oil down my length where it can do some good.