Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bangs and Fine Hair

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Bangs and Fine Hair

So if you have fine hair and also have bangs, how do you get them to stay in place? I have been using mousse, which helps some. Do you use hair spray?
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Bangs and Fine Hair

I've classed myself as M but I do have a mixture of some finies in my hair and when I used to have bangs all I would do is comb them into place while damp and let them dry and they would stay until I slept on them. I would sometimes blow dry them if in a hurry but got pretty good results just from combing them forward so they "set" in position. I mean if it was windy outside they blow around but as long as I dried my roots angled towards my face they always came back eventually

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
    I've classed myself as M but I do have a mixture of some finies in my hair and when I used to have bangs all I would do is comb them into place while damp and let them dry and they would stay until I slept on them. I would sometimes blow dry them if in a hurry but got pretty good results just from combing them forward so they "set" in position. I mean if it was windy outside they blow around but as long as I dried my roots angled towards my face they always came back eventually
    Well, mine are baby-fine, and they do not ever stay in place. Even indoors while sitting in a chair they will clump together and look messed up.
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii

Length
    18"/31"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Mine clump, too. Sometimes I use a light hair spray, but only when my hair is up. Otherwise, I just leave them alone.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Krissycats View Post
    Mine clump, too. Sometimes I use a light hair spray, but only when my hair is up. Otherwise, I just leave them alone.
    I assume your bangs are curly? Mine are straight.

2b-F-ii

Length
    11/36/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I used to use hairspray but now I just blow dry straight down. I don't like using heat on my hair but loading up products just to have a slight breeze ruin them was worse. If I let them air dry my bangs will go in every direction but down

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Well, I comb mine down when they are wet, but they still manage to mess up all the time when dry.

2b-F-ii

Length
    SL/WL+/Term
    Type
    3a/M/iii

When mine clump or don't stay in place I apply some hair lotion or cream, and I usually don't have any issues after that.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

My mom always used to use hairspray. Back when she had bangs she was i/ii, now she is a i and just has a side bang (kinda, it's where her hair gets thin).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Pixie/SL/CB
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I use a round brush and blow dryer on just my bangs. If I use any kind of product my bangs get greasy. I don't use hairspray unless I comb my bangs back and blend them in with the rest of my hair. I really don't mind my bangs getting messy.