Thread: Recommendations for overnight herbal treatment for body?

Default Recommendations for overnight herbal treatment for body?

I was wondering if anyone could recommend an herb that I can leave on my hair over night (and then wash off in the morning) that would help give my hair more body?

My hair is fine, slightly wavy, and a bit on the thin side. I color it religiously with henna. Henna tends to give my hair a lot of body for about a week. I do have cassia and have been contemplating mixing a bit of the powder with my weekly hair mask (its a shea moisture one, which I leave on overnight and wash out in the morning).

But, I wanted to know if anyone has better recommendations or have tried this and if they had good results?

Thank you ♥

Length
    26.5"/36"/term
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Recommendations for overnight herbal treatment for body?

I like using Thayer's Original Astringent Witch Hazel. I pour it on my scalp & tousel my hair with my hands, trying to work it down to the roots all around. I bend over & try to keep touseling it 'til it's dry, &/or put it in a loose, high bun/braid/ponytail (although it doesn't dry very well 'til I let it loose). I don't rinse it out.

Yes, it contains alcohol. For me, that's a necessary ingredient!

ETA: This is after oiling my scalp with Cicojojo's Argan Oil Butter & Sunny Isle's Jamaican Black Castor Oil Butter, so I figure the ingredients are mixing together on my head, even if they weren't premixed in the bottle.
    Last edited by Kalamazoo; June 13th, 2019 at 05:49 PM.
    1, 2, 3, testing! Trying to figure out how to put a picture here...

Type
    1b/F/ii

I've noticed your question 3 or 4 times. Today was the first time I realized you might mean body for your hair. All this time I assumed you wanted something for your skin! 🤣

Length
    waist/TB/long

Quote Originally Posted by Liz H View Post
    I've noticed your question 3 or 4 times. Today was the first time I realized you might mean body for your hair. All this time I assumed you wanted something for your skin! 🤣
    So did I.

Length
    26.5"/36"/term
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Just putting my hair up in a high bun or a high braided pony tail gives me. oodles of body when I finally take it down.

And George's Aloe Vera makes a wonderful setting "gel" (OK, the consistancy's like water), but seriously, when my mom did her nightly pincurls with George's instead of her usual (chemical-laden) setting gel, her curls came out just as curly as ever, but they were pleasantly soft to the touch instead of crunchy. (Again, there's no need to rinse out the aloe vera.)
    1, 2, 3, testing! Trying to figure out how to put a picture here...