Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Share the hair accessories you love but won't wear

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Share the hair accessories you love but won't wear

Quote Originally Posted by MamaLou View Post
    Lately every single hair fork and hair stick I have I found out that I find the looser and messier hair more flattering on me, but I don't know how to achieve that with a hair stick or hair fork. So if anyone knows how to do that than I would love to know that.
    You need a helix hair fork. It's like a huge spin pin. I have an antler one from Furnival's and it's the most amazing hair toy ever.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Beautiful but way out of my price range And I wouldn't dare to wear something so expensive! Victorian hair comb

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Wow, that shop is something else, Tatsu! I wonder what's the most expensive hair accessory in the world at the moment...

Length
    3"/APL/WL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

Lol These really cracked me up. Like spitting my coffee out as I clicked on the links lol . Very ...unnecessary ..is all I can think lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Beautiful but way out of my price range And I wouldn't dare to wear something so expensive! Victorian hair comb
    Holy Moly, I cant believe there are hair toys at that price range! I mean the one you linked is stunning, no doubt, but woah. Some of the stuff in that Etsy store *drool* but those prices..
    Stretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | BSL | MBL | WL
    Unstretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | | BSL | MBL | WL
    Last Straightening Treatment Feb 2017. Last Chem Dye Aug 2019. Last Henna Feb 2020

Length
    24/47"/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

This stick. Anything that tapers, or forks with tines that get closer together, seem to get spit out of my hair pretty quickly. I'd still want to try this, but I don't think it'll work for me.

Hard headbands, especially the kind with comb-spikes on the underside. They hurt my head and ears, rip my hair, and are just all around a bad time. They can be so pretty, though.

Glass hairtoys. I would smash them on things around me while wearing them, or my hair would spit them out (and floors here are stone) and it would be less than fun. I love looking at them, though.

ETA: I also don't like large toppers too much.

I disagree that one's hairtoys have to match the rest of one's style. I think we have a few members that are basic jeans wearing type dressers but are happy to wear all sorts of non-basic or dressy hairtoys. Obviously everyone should dress as they feel comfortable, I just want to say that if you want to wear something in your hair, don't let the worry that it doesn't match your style hold you back
    Last edited by enting; September 18th, 2019 at 09:40 AM.

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by BerrySara View Post
    Lol These really cracked me up. Like spitting my coffee out as I clicked on the links lol . Very ...unnecessary ..is all I can think lol.
    But they're cuuuute...!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    Wow, that shop is something else, Tatsu! I wonder what's the most expensive hair accessory in the world at the moment...
    It would be interesting to know...

Quote Originally Posted by BerrySara View Post
    Holy Moly, I cant believe there are hair toys at that price range! I mean the one you linked is stunning, no doubt, but woah. Some of the stuff in that Etsy store *drool* but those prices..
    I was quite shocked when I saw it too. A lot of the other stuff I saw, when I searched for "antique comb" was quite expensive, but not even 1/10 of the price. One rich collector will probably be happy somewhere in the world though...

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

I saw this guy today while looking for a monster hair fork. He's a gorgeous little friend and I wish I could give him a home but 250 dollars is a lot for a hair fork.

I won't lie, if I get better at carving I think I might make one.
    Last edited by Ylva; September 28th, 2022 at 09:03 AM. Reason: removed old problematic link

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    I saw this guy today while looking for a monster hair fork. He's a gorgeous little friend and I wish I could give him a home but 250 dollars is a lot for a hair fork.

I won't lie, if I get better at carving I think I might make one.
    That is oddly cute loving the description too, "evil eye hair fork" lol. It would be really cool if you were able to replicate the design at some point.
    Last edited by Ylva; September 28th, 2022 at 09:03 AM. Reason: removed old problematic link

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I have a box of blingy hair stuff that I never wear, including a large tiara, clips, hair forks and small barrettes. I love looking at them but never wear them. I don't even know how to put on a tiara. It's heavy. My everyday hairtoys are mostly wooden or metal (Ficcares).