Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Share the hair accessories you love but won't wear

Length
    18/23/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Share the hair accessories you love but won't wear

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire511 View Post
    This is me with every Flexi I've ever owned! I want to use them - I just don't ever reach for them! (I actually don't even own one anymore because of this!)

Now I'm wearing the heck out of the TT I just acquired from willowyns quartet - as well as the grahtoe (which I actually thought I'd use the least!) - I wear the TT even when it doesn't match anything because I love it!!
    Oh, cool! I just stumbled onto this thread....so nice to see that you're happily wearing things that I loved to look at but didn't wear!!

"Put down roots. Grow strong. Stay flexible."

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Resin hair forks, I actually have two that I think I'm going to put on the swap board. I still haven't figured out what i will wear. Tends to be claw clips and flexis but I don't wear the flexis a lot and the claw clips are boring me. Forks I'm kind of on the wall with, I already need larger ones so I can't imagine if they will work at all once my hair is longer.
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

This is such a fun thread! I love seeing how everyone has different tastes and such.

For me, I saw this beautiful bun cover on etsy - but it's rather showy and I can't imagine myself wearing it unless with a themed costume or something, lol.
    Plus I'd be worried all the little chain pieces would snag my hair... I do really like to look at it tho.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6796183...f=user_profile
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Wow that's a striking bun cover! I agree, I would worry about those chains snagging my hair and getting tangled... Reminds me of these https://bodychainstore.com/wp-conten...2b5bee6e10.jpg and how beautiful they are, but I just can't imagine using them.

Estas mi Esperantist' languagenut's Avatar
    Length
    baby/bcl/dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I love the look of elaborate Japanese hair accessories, they're sooo gorgeous! But they wouldn't go with anything I wear (I'm a jeans and t-shirt girl, lol), so I shall admire them from a distance .
    Lady Kulisa, Speaker of the Mystic Tongues in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    ~ Make your own bead-topped hair sticks! ~

Curious. Very Curious. Ophidian's Avatar
    Length
    Buzz/FTL+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Erm. So many things....

-Flexis, except for my XL silver rose
    -Ficcare Maximas, with a few understated exceptions
    -Colorful acrylic sticks/forks
    -Anything with a really large topper, no matter how lovely it is (I’m with MusicalSpoons here and don’t like wearing things that stick too far out of my bun)

...basically most things that are not black or dark brown and therefore very low-profile in my hair.

I enjoy collecting things but tend to find a very few pieces that I reach for. So my collection is basically a revolving door of things I like looking at for a while until I decide to destash and try some new things and maybe I’ll get lucky and find a new favorite.

so far, flexi-8s... I picked one up recently in a size large, thinking it would be big enough since my hair is pretty fine and thin, but it doesn't hold enough hair to be useful. The beads also scare me! It seems like very plain forks and sticks are what I tend to reach for, I'm just boring I guess

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by queencarrion View Post
    so far, flexi-8s... I picked one up recently in a size large, thinking it would be big enough since my hair is pretty fine and thin, but it doesn't hold enough hair to be useful. The beads also scare me! It seems like very plain forks and sticks are what I tend to reach for, I'm just boring I guess
    I'm the same way languagenut mentioned Japanese hair accessories (like kanzashi hair clips) and I also love them but they just do not work with my style and wardrobe. Way too elaborate and "showy" for me. I could wear something like that when I'm at home and just admire it and take pictures lol.

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by desisparkles View Post
    omg those aladdin peacock sticks are sooo gorgeous though!

https://www.hottopic.com/product/dis...sories#start=7

oh and any hair stick is the product I love but can't wear. I've no skills to master them yet so I'll just ogle from afar for now.
    These peacock sticks are lovely, but toys with hooks, spaces and horns shaped things get tangled in my hair and I wind up losing more of my thin hair. +(
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.