Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Color Swap - Summer Swap 2019! Mail out deadline September 2nd

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: The Great Color Swap - Summer Swap 2019! Mail out deadline September 2nd

I bought the central gift for my giftee's package already!

For questions, I'll answer them, but in my About Me post so they're all in one spot for my gifter

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: The Great Color Swap - Summer Swap 2019! Mail out deadline September 2nd

For anyone having trouble keeping track of your giftee's posts in this thread, here's a tip: When you view the swap board, to the right of the thread title it says "Replies: 80" (or whatever the number is). Click on the number. It will pop up a box that lists everyone who posted in the thread. Scroll down until you find your giftee. The right column lists the number of posts the person made. Click on that number, and it'll take you to a list of all the person's posts in this thread.

How do you feel about metal hair toys?
    If it manages to hold securely without being too heavy, metal is fine.

Do you like materials like dymondwood?
    Yes.

Would you wear moon hair toys?
    No.

Would you wear helix hair toys?
    Probably. I've been wanting to try one.

Do you have a preference for wood color (dark, light, medium)?
    No, it's all wonderful (unless it's very yellow or orange).

Do you have any favorite woods?
    I especially like anything with a strong or distinctive grain.

If I were to make a picture of something for you, what might you like a picture of?
    Cats, plants (not cutesy flowers though), abstract stuff

What is something you'd like to receive from a foreign country? Maybe something that is real hard to find or expensive where you are
    Snacks! (Or candy or tea or other edible goodies.)

Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Back to About Me post

Gifter - I'm going to keep all my question & answers in this same post and will link to it in my About Me for your convenience:

1) How do you feel about metal hair toys?
    Same as physicschick - If it manages to hold securely without being too heavy, metal is fine.

2) Do you like materials like dymondwood?
    Depends. I like blues and green hues not too stripey and some of the neutral toned ones, but don't like flashes of orange,yellow, or purple in the color scheme.

3) Would you wear moon hair toys?
    I have a few, but the hold is not spectacular and they tend to be big so I'd rather not.

4) Would you wear helix hair toys?
    Yes, as long as the material or topper is not too bulky and the fpl is not too well beyond 4.5"- 5" max. I already have a grainy wood and a sterling silver one.

5) Do you have a preference for wood color (dark, light, medium)?
    I prefer darks or light since my hair is dark. Medium tones tend to get lost in my hair.

6) Do you have any favorite woods?
    See my about me

7) If I were to make a picture of something for you, what might you like a picture of?
    Wild cats (or my own kitties), Orchids, nature scenes (ocean landscapes), etc.

8 ) What is something you'd like to receive from a foreign country?
    Chocolate and coffee

My questions for the group:

9) I'm going to New Orleans for a couple of weeks, anything you'd like for me to bring you back?

10) Would you prefer for me to buy you something off of your favorites list (or something you've specified in your About Me) or are you adventurous and open to giving me creative freedom to make you something?

See samples below:

a] Ebony fork I made for my giftee during the last swap
    b] Walnut fork I made recently for my daughter
    c] Oak body and Walnut and Padauk topper tri-color spiral hairstick

I can't promise I can replicate the exact things above because I may not have all the woods or stones above handy, but I can ensure you that it will be something made just for you taking your needs and wants into account and there will be a fun element of surprise at play.

11) Do you like heat in your food? If so, what are your favorite hot sauces?
    Salsa Verde is as hot as it gets for me.

12 ) Do you like or wear flexis? Which size?
    I have some flexis, but I don't wear them often. I wear XL, but I am kind of really picky about them.

13) Do you like flowers and/or floral motifs?
    I don't like florals in fabrics, but I do like floral hairtoys. My favorite flowers are orchids.

14) What is your favourite quote or your motto?
    Never really had just one, but basically, be a good person *shrugs*

15) What is (are) your favourite book(s)?
    Phantom by Susan Kay

16) Do you have a pet? If so, would you like any gifts that depict said animal (art, stickers, brooches, pins...)?
    I have 3 cats. If it's art, I'd like for my giftee to paint/draw it. I don't really use stickers, brooches or pins.

17) Of your coolors, which (if any) would you wear as lip color?
    None

18 ) Giftee, Right-handed or left-handed forks? Sticks? Or do you wear vertical/slanted?
    I usually place them from the right

19) How do you feel about satin ponytail holders/scrunchies?
    I like them well enough, but they usually slip out of my hair in a few minutes. I tend to give them to one of my daughters since they hold better in curly hair.

20) Unusual chocolate flavors, yay or yuck? Like chipotle chocolate, seaweed chocolate, bacon chocolate
    Chocolate Add-Ons - Not a fan of chipotle, never tried seaweed and love bacon

21) Snack items?
    I like those popcorners, terra chips, turtles, chex mix, chunky nut butters, unsalted nuts (pistachios, walnuts, and sunflower seeds), dark chocolate covered almonds, dark chocolate covered cherries or cranberries, biscotti, shortbread, petit ecolier cookies, rainbow cookies, chocolate or hazelnut wafer cookies, etc.

22. What type of tea do you prefer (black/green/etc and fruity/desserty/spicy etc)?
    See my About Me

23. Do you like jigsaw puzzles?
    I do

24. Is there anything I make that you wouldn't mind if it found its way into your box?
    I've always wanted to try some of your salves

25. Would you like some honey from my bees?
    OMG, YES!!!

26) Giftee, do you like amigurumi (small crocheted stuffed animals)?
    I don't have any, but sounds very intriguing in a good way.

27) Would you prefer(crocheted stuff) chunky, supple/more delicate or simple?
    Whatever you think looks best for the item you have planned.

28 ) Do you like stripes? Plaid? Or would you prefer plain?
    I generally prefer solids or stripes that are not too busy. I am not a fan of plaid. It reminds me of my former Catholic School uniform.

29) How do you feel about leather?
    I like it!

30) Is there anything you'd like 3D printed for you?
    Nothing that comes to mind. Surprise me

31) Are you a fan of Dutch snacks and edibles?
    Can't say I am terribly familiar with Dutch snacks besides Stroopwafels, but I like chocolate, berries, and nuts and I am open to trying snacks with either of or a combination of those 2 ingredients. Just please no peanut butter and chocolate.

32) As it's getting to be time for me to start drying and harvesting herbs from my garden, would you like any dried herbs to either use in cooking/incense/hair care?

Yes to any of those dried in sealed containers.

33) What do you think about snakes? Always creepy, always awesome, meh either way?
    I like snakes, but I've never had one.

34) Giftees, do you have a crystal or stone that is a fave? Cool looking ones?
    Pietersite is my favorite, but I have a whole list in my About Me.

35) Would you like some supplies for your hobbies?
    Sure! I always appreciate new supplies for hobbies.

36) How about some unique flower seeds?
    No garden
    Last edited by DweamGoiL; July 14th, 2019 at 02:50 PM.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

1) How do you feel about metal hair toys?
    I don't really have any so it's hard to tell. I'm open to trying them out.

I tend to prefer wood or burl. But I have to say I have been tempted by some blue/green dymondwood. I just don't like the stripey, contrasting colours they sometimes use.

No, I don't have enough hair/thickness for them and I don't like the way they look that much.

Yes, but I'm concerned I wouldn't have enough hair for them.

I tend to prefer medium to dark woods, the more grain the better. I also rather like reddish-brown woods.

I listed a few in my about me.

7) If I were to make a picture of something for you, what might you like a picture of?
    Take a look at the themes I listed in my about me

Interesting snacks, spices/seasonings, recipes, fabrics...

9 ) I'm going to New Orleans for a couple of weeks, anything you'd like for me to bring you back?
    I'm not very familiar with New Orleans, so I can't really tell.

10 ) Would you prefer for me to buy you something off of your favorites list (or something you've specified in your About Me) or are you adventurous and open to me giving me creative freedom to make you something?
    Creative freedom! I love handmade items and bought items, both are wonderful.
    Hosting the Great Color Swap of Summer 2019!

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I have a few questions for the thread, too!

11 ) Do you like or wear flexis? Which size?

12 ) Do you like flowers and/or floral motifs?

13 ) What is your favourite quote or your motto?

14 ) What is (are) your favourite book(s)?

15 ) Do you have a pet? If so, would you like any gifts that depict said animal (art, stickers, brooches, pins...)?
    Hosting the Great Color Swap of Summer 2019!

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

1)How do you feel about metal hair toys?
    Single sticks tend to slip out, forks are little better but I have a few I love and wear them in damp hair.

Sure

I've never tried a proper moon. It probably wouldn't get much use, but if you have a handme down I'll give it a try.

Oh yes.

No preference

Nope

Something unique to your locale.

Food, seasonings, dish towel, postcard, random rock, leaf, seeds (pretty or for planting)

9 ) I'm going to New Orleans for a couple of weeks, anything you'd like for me to bring you back?
    *shrug*

10 ) Would you prefer for me to buy you something off of your favorites list (or something you've specified in your About Me) or are you adventurous and open to me giving me creative freedom to make you something?
    Have fun.

Nope, unless they are handmade from stone beads. Medium.

I like all plant things.

I play no favorites

I play no favorites

15 ) Do you have a pet? If so, would you like any gifts that depict said animal (art, stickers, brooches, pins...)?
    The cats have plenty of toys.

New question!
    16) Of your coolors, which (if any) would you wear as lip color?

55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    BCL/CL+/WTF
    Type
    2a/C/iii

8. What is something you'd like to receive from a foreign country? Yes. Anything local would be excellent, such as food/tea/rocks/shells/magnet/whatever you think of!

9. I'm going to New Orleans for a couple weeks, anything you'd like for me to bring you back? Yes. Anything local would be excellent, such as food/tea/rocks/shells/magnet/whatever you think of! And a big yes if you come across deep fried peanuts in the shell, i can only find those further south than i currently live.

10. Would you prefer for me to buy you something off of your favorites list (or something you've specified in your About Me) or are you adventurous and open to me giving me creative freedom to make you something? I'd love to have a you-made item, but i'm happy with whatever is decided on.

11. Do you like or wear flexis? Which size? Nope.

Bonus 11. Do you like heat in your food? If so, what are your favorite hot sauces? Yes. Favorite hot sauce is Cholula, though that isn't very hot.

12. Do you like flowers/floral motifs? Yes, but not kanzashi flowers.

13. What is your favorite quote or motto? "I wish i was a dirtier old man"--William S Burroughs (if anyone ever wants this explained feel free to ask, i use it every swap. ) Also "No such thing as spare time, no such thing as free time, no such thing as down time. All you got is life time. Go."--Henry Rollins

14. What is (are) your favorite book(s)? I don't think i have one or two i can narrow it down to. I once shrieked out loud over finding an original edition of an Edna Ferber short story collection, if that counts for anything. Oh wait, i also once shrieked over finding Modern Surgery (copyright 1863).

15. Do you have a pet? If so, would you like any gifts that depict said animal (art, stickers, brooches, pins...)? Tarantulas and a snake, and yes.

16. Of your coolors, which (if any) would you wear as lip color? As much as i think i'd rock pumpkin orange or blue violet lipstick, i'll have to say no. However i'd 100% wear my cooooooolors as nail polish. (I'm wearing one of them right now, actually!)

ETA: forgot to mention...i found you a hair thing, Giftee!
    Last edited by Hele; June 25th, 2019 at 06:26 PM.

11/2018

9. I'm going to New Orleans for a couple of weeks, anything you'd like for me to bring you back? I can't think of anything, but if you do feel free.
    10. Would you prefer for me to buy you something off of your favorites list (or something you've specified in your About Me) or are you adventurous and open to giving me creative freedom to make you something? I would let you have creative freedom.
    11. Do you like heat in your food? If so, what are your favorite hot sauces? I do like some heat but I tend to think of my preference more as spicy. No favorites for hot sauces.
    12. Do you like or wear flexis? Which size? Yup, love my flexis. I wear either a medium or a large if I want to use my own stick. I don't particularly like the leathers though.
    13. Do you like flowers and/or floral motifs? Yes.
    14. What is your favourite quote or your motto? Oh my Lord and Lady there are soo many good ones. Like:
    “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't – you're right”
    "Having power is a lot like being a lady... if you have to tell people you are, you aren't."
    "It's not enough to do what you like, you have to like what you do."
    "Handing Out Sticks" it's not really a quote but it is really moving and nice to pull up every so often to read. Still one of my favorite 'quotes' regardless.
    15. What is (are) your favourite book(s)? I haven't read any books in such a long time. I am actually really into Harry Potter fanfiction of the slash variety. I used to be rather into the Redwall series. I keep meaning to get back into reading actual books....
    16. Do you have a pet? I have a two pups, a Labrador Retriever and an Old English Sheepdog. If so, would you like any gifts that depict said animal (art, stickers, brooches, pins...)? I'm pretty picky about stuff like that, but stuff with paw prints are great.
    17. Of your coolors, which (if any) would you wear as lip color? *tries to picture herself wearing neon green lipstick*

Length
    0 in!/27 in/??
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Maybe something Tabasco related, which is from Louisiana
    Definitely something creative you made!
    I do like them, but I have yet to buy one myself. I’m mostly interested in the XXS ones to use to hold the ends of braids
    Yes!
    Hm….none really come to mind, sorry
    Prometheus Rising
    Yes! I have 2 toads and sure!
    16) Of your coolors, which (if any) would you wear as lip color?
    I dont really wear make up that often, so none

Forgot this question: Do you like heat in your food? If so, what are your favorite hot sauces?
    Yes yes yes!! I love Tabasco and am down to try any cool hot sauces you can find!!
    Last edited by blesseddamozel; June 26th, 2019 at 12:13 PM.

Short Term Goal-TBLLong Term Goal-Classic

ineffectual and otiose pathetic's Avatar
    Length
    27"/33"/75"
    Type
    1b/F/ii

1. How do you feel about metal hair toys (either forks or sticks)?
    Indifferent. I don't hate them but I'm not crazy about them.

2. Do you like materials like dymondwood?
    Yes, love it.

3. Would you wear moon hair toys?
    Probably not.

4. Would you wear helix hair toys?
    Probably not.

5. Do you have a preference for wood colour (dark, light, medium)?
    No, I like all wood colors.

6. Do you have any favourite woods?
    Walnut, ebony, rosewood, and cocobolo.

7. If I were to make a picture of something for you, what might you like a picture of?
    Rabbit, deer, or tree.

8. What is something you'd like to receive from a foreign country?
    Candy, food/spices, postcard.

9. I'm going to New Orleans for a couple of weeks, anything you'd like for me to bring you back?
    No thanks. c:

10. Would you prefer for me to buy you something off of your favorites list (or something you've specified in your About Me) or are you adventurous and open to me giving me creative freedom to make you something?
    I'm not picky; full creative freedom.

11. Do you like or wear flexis? Which size?
    Sure, as long as they're not too sparkly or dangly. XL

12. Do you like flowers and/or floral motifs?
    Yes, definitely.

13. What is your favourite quote or your motto?
    Hmm, none.

14. What is (are) your favourite book(s)?
    Also none. I'm open to anything!

15. Do you have a pet? If so, would you like any gifts that depict said animal (art, stickers, brooches, pins...)?
    I have a lop, and sure!

16. Of your coolors, which (if any) would you wear as lip color?
    Puke green, most definitely.