Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Color Swap - Summer Swap 2019! Mail out deadline September 7th

Length
    BCL/CL+/WTF
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: The Great Color Swap - Summer Swap 2019! Mail out deadline September 7th

<----sitting here eating all the popcorn and candy in my house, waiting for the reveals!

11/2018

Default Re: The Great Color Swap - Summer Swap 2019! Mail out deadline September 7th

Oh wow quite few pending reveals!

I'm still hiding behind the couch with my tin of popcorn. Unless a spider comes over, then I'm out of here!
    "Do you ever feel like a misfit? Everything inside you is dark and twisted
    but it's okay to be different
    'cause baby, so am I" ~So Am I

Length
    0 in!/27 in/??
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Yep Entanlged, I got your amazing package today!! I'm going to write a full reveal and post pics later on tonight, I'll save my gushing for then!!!

Short Term Goal-TBLLong Term Goal-Classic

Length
    0 in!/27 in/??
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Came back from work to find a package waiting for me!

The contents There were labels directing what order to open everything in but to be completely honest since I'm writing this delayed I can't recall the exact order but I do remember what was saved for last so that'll be the final reveal! Oh and I read the note after opening anything because I didnt want to be spoiled

I'll start with this awesome assortment of Russian and Thai candy! I've already sampled some, the salted lime one in the green package was seriously amazing

Next were these handmade soaps and bath bomb! These all smelled great, I can't wait to use them. The soaps were pleasantly on theme Unfortunately as it was rather hot outside the large soap melted a bit in transit and got tissue paper stuck to the sides, but it will be a quick fix

to be continued!

Length
    0 in!/27 in/??
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

These two pendants... These are so up my alley! The pendant on the right is a small stone from the Colorado River that my gifter procured herself!

This adorable little hood was made by my gifter, and putting it on made me wish for Winter already! The colors are so rich and the striping makes it look so intricate! also I found the pointed tip at the back so cute, the whole look gives me serious fantasy vibes which makes it a 10/10 in my book

And lastly- this stunning hair fork My jaw DROPPED upon opening this. My wonderful gifter made this by hand from a tree that fell in her backyard. The attention to detail on this fork really makes it stand out! Oh and included with the fork was a little printed bag for safekeeping, a nice touch

The fork also has resident toad Geraldine's approval
    Last edited by blesseddamozel; September 11th, 2019 at 11:59 PM.

Length
    0 in!/27 in/??
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Aaaaaand some shots of it in action This fork is so perfect for my hair, it fits well in my usual buns and the topper is my ideal size. I can already tell this is going to become a go-to

Thank you so so much Entangled, opening this was a joy from start to finish. I truly appreciate the craftsmanship that went into the items that you made, they are really just so special This whole experience has been an awesome first swap for me, and opening this was the icing on the cake

Length
    MBL/CLASS/MTL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

My box got delivered this morning! I opened the package to reveal this box with some adorable disney stickers on it Opening it, it was stuffed to the brim with edibles from America!! I was so excited to see pop tarts (s'more ones!)

Separating the edibles I found some things from Wisconsin where my giftee is from, the cow pie lasted about two minutes and my husband "helpfully" offered to taste it "to check it's ok" - managed to grab it back off him after his second bite!! The sausages are also from Wisconsin and they're really yummy! I tried to pace myself so I don't eat everything so just had a bit so far. This time, my cat "helpfully" offered to taste it "to check it's ok" - she decided it tasted more than okay so I had to hide the rest of them.

When I saw the butterfingers I gasped, I loveeeee those!! The macaroni cheese I decided to have for my lunch because.. it was in front of me and it was in unicorn shapes. Mostly because of the unicorn shapes. It was very yummy as expected and very filling (thank you gifter's boyfriend for this!) - very different to the macaroni cheese we have this end!

Next up, the Hi-Chews. I've never heard of them before but omg they taste JUST like the fruit and I want more!! Sooo nice, had a couple after my macaroni cheese (and feeling very full up and slightly sick by now, but worth it!).

Last but definitely not least, the llama pop rings - not going to lie, they are 100% going in the bath with me so I can read my book in peace with yummy on my finger.

Phew, and that was just the edibles!!

Next, the non edibles - loving the disney theme here, I got some stickers and nail decals? I've never had them before but you can bet when I'm tipsy at playzone (adult indoor playground my friend and I are planning to go to) I won't care how ridiculous I look with disney nail stickers and I'll put them on :P

There were also disney scrunchies, there are three but one went straight in my hair ;D A bottle of shampoo and conditioner were also included, coconut water which smells divine and will definitely be used.

Lastly, my main gifts! As if I haven't been spoiled enough!!

A candle - juniper and red ginger which smells really lovely and perfect for evenings when I have incense on, candles and watch some netflix. I also got an alice in wonderland necklace from my etsy favourites which I adore!! It's so preeettyyy and I'll definitely be wearing it lots You picked such a nice one too, thank you!

Hairtoy wise, two ketylo's in rosewood dymalux that I absolutely adore, I've got a single acrylic ketylo that is a staple in my handbag - I've never had a pair of them and I love the twists in the sticks so these are going to go straight into the rotation.

Speaking of twists in the sticks, I was also given a mamacat acrylic abalone hairstick that is sooo twisty and I love it! I've never owned a mamacat before but wow does it hold like a rock and looks soo pretty!! I love these sticks so much, thank you to my gifter, Pathetic. You've outdone yourself for a first swap - and I will put some action shots up when I'm out of my pyjamas

Luna (the cat) said thanks for her gift, the box. She's refusing to get out of it so.. I guess she's got a box for now (when she has a perfectly good cat tree available).

Overall, I'm feeling incredibly spoiled - thank you again. I absolutely love everything

MBL ---> WL ---> HL ---> BCL ---> TBL ---> CL ---> MTL

https://www.instagram.com/madmarch_hair/

Quote Originally Posted by DweamGoiL View Post
    My gifter was the absolutely amazingly talented BerrySara, who seriously floored me with this swap box! I know that is a big statement to make out the gate, but check it out:

I had to include a close-up just to appreciate the layering of perfection here

This fork is utter perfection.

And awestriking zebrawood sea fork in super messy bun

BerrySara is wicked with that resin! Thank you so much for all the magical gifts. I am so touched, humbled, and grateful you took so much time and care to put this wondrous treasure chest of goodies together just for me.
    I love everything in your box! If I were you I would wear that big eyes fork everytime I went grocery shopping, that way when I got in line whoever stands behind me has to deal with it staring at them the whole time, hahaha.
    Also, Nice job on that other fork berrysara, you are a mighty artist indeed! Looks great. Also, also that wrapping on the box should be on a magazine cover.

Quote Originally Posted by blesseddamozel View Post

This adorable little hood was made by my gifter, and putting it on made me wish for Winter already! The colors are so rich and the striping makes it look so intricate! also I found the pointed tip at the back so cute, the whole look gives me serious fantasy vibes which makes it a 10/10 in my book

The fork also has resident toad Geraldine's approval
    I love that hood. Sure looks cozy. Also it was super satisfying seeing that awesome hand made fork next to your little Geraldine

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post

My box got delivered this morning!

A candle - juniper and red ginger which smells really lovely and perfect for evenings when I have incense on, candles and watch some netflix. I also got an alice in wonderland necklace from my etsy favourites which I adore!! It's so preeettyyy and I'll definitely be wearing it lots You picked such a nice one too, thank you!

Hairtoy wise, two ketylo's in rosewood dymalux that I absolutely adore, I've got a single acrylic ketylo that is a staple in my handbag - I've never had a pair of them and I love the twists in the sticks so these are going to go straight into the rotation.

Speaking of twists in the sticks, I was also given a mamacat acrylic abalone hairstick that is sooo twisty and I love it! I've never owned a mamacat before but wow does it hold like a rock and looks soo pretty!! I love these sticks so much, thank you to my gifter, Pathetic. You've outdone yourself for a first swap - and I will put some action shots up when I'm out of my pyjamas

Luna (the cat) said thanks for her gift, the box. She's refusing to get out of it so.. I guess she's got a box for now (when she has a perfectly good cat tree available).

Overall, I'm feeling incredibly spoiled - thank you again. I absolutely love everything
    Beautiful cat you've got there! Also, nice box I like your disney theme. And all your twisty sticks, they're the best! Oh also you star sheets or blanket or whatever is, I'm super jealous of.
    Valentines day (Feb 14): 30"
    Easter (April 21): 31" WAIST
    Summer Solstice (June 21): 32"

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Down to the final 6 reveals
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

So I was able to unbox all my goodies yesterday evening, although I waited until I had better lighting to take some shots for this reveal. Sorry for the delay! Thank you so, so much ladycaladium for spoiling me! Everything is spot on, and the colours are just right.

Here is the gorgeous wrapping paper that greeted me when I opened the box, and how cute is that Winnie the Pooh paper she used for one of the gifts?

I started with the first teal gift, and it is a bottle of high quality tsubaki (camellia) oil. I am so stoked, that is truly a precious gift. My favourite oil blend contains some camellia so I am excited to try this one on my face and hair. ladycaladium also included some face masks. I actually never have used face masks before, so I'm clueless and very excited about these too! My skin has been getting a bit eh lately and I'm getting more interested in skincare so it's great timing.

And the other hair item is the pair of hair pins in the top right of that picture. They are comfortable and hold quite well. My bun is puny at the moment so I need to grow into them a bit, but I think they will hold even better in a bigger bun so I'm sure they'll be a long-term favourite. They are certainly the easy to use, practical kind of hairtoy that I use a lot.

Next, we have art supplies! Japan makes excellent brush pens so I'm so so happy with these, I couldn't have found them easily here. I will try them out soon. And I don't have any metallic pens, so those are also a great addition to my collection! The postcard is stunning. I use postcards as a decoration on my mantelpiece and rotate them seasonally. This one will be a perfect fit for this winter!

ladycaladium also spoiled me with amazing edibles. I am a matcha fanatic so I instantly drooled all over the kitkats and the other mystery green tea snack. As for the seaweed, I haven't tried this kind of snack yet, so I'm very curious. Thank you for introducing me to something new.

Hosting the Great Color Swap of Summer 2019!