Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: The Great Color Swap - Summer Swap 2019! Mail out deadline September 2nd

Default Re: The Great Color Swap - Summer Swap 2019! Mail out deadline September 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by DweamGoiL View Post
    Wonderful boxes so far

I am so incredibly behind on getting your box together, giftee. I selected some wood pieces for your crafted gift. As usual, I am trying to make something I haven't done before so wish me luck. If it comes out right, I think you're really going to love it. Here's a peek at the wood pieces I selected:

Luckily, I have most of the weekend to work on your stuff.

oooh how fascinating to see how an item looks before it's crafted! I can't wait to see what it turns out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post

Alas, here is the group shot (cheese balls half-eaten by DBF) lumped together with the action shots:

Thank you so much Hailwidis! It was truly the perfect fun and bright box. I couldn't be happier with all of my gifts! You made my first swap hard to beat.

The little demon that inspired the pin. Look at her sleeping in her box with all of the shredded cardboard, tuckered out after all of that destruction.
    omigosh I love everything about your box. First off, I totally would have eaten that soap on accident, it looks delicious. And what an adorable matching crochet saver for it.
    And your bunny is so sweet, with a perfect matching pin for her! I just want to cuddle her. Does she let you cuddle her, or does she hop away? lol. And how precious sleeping in the chewed up box!
    Oh and your stick and paranda! I've always been interested in parandas, I think your photo of how nice it looks on you has inspired me to try and make one in the next couple days.
    Last edited by Alexandrina; August 17th, 2019 at 07:58 PM. Reason: bunny pronouns
    Valentines day (Feb 14): 30"
    Easter (April 21): 31" WAIST
    Summer Solstice (June 21): 32"

Default Re: The Great Color Swap - Summer Swap 2019! Mail out deadline September 2nd

Wow, such amazing reveals! And the colors are amazingly on point. I feel like such a failure in this.

Sorry Giftee, you first gift doesn't match at all. Your second, third and fourth gift might match... if I'm not mistaking your color scheme... which I think there is a very good chance I am. Your wrapping is as close as I could find. I even had my phone out with your scheme pulled up while I was in the store shopping for wrapping.

Here is the wrapping I got:

Warning, your fourth gift is kind of random and I have to pick up some ______ to go with it now. And I may have gone overboard on the food items.....

Anyway I believe I am all ready to start the wrapping process. Now I just need to figure out where the scotch tape has decided to hide.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I bought appropriately colored wrapping, and DH helped me finish my craft, so I'll be able to ship later this week when I have time. Getting close!

Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters

Quote Originally Posted by KameRose View Post
    Wow, such amazing reveals! And the colors are amazingly on point. I feel like such a failure in this.

Sorry Giftee, you first gift doesn't match at all. Your second, third and fourth gift might match... if I'm not mistaking your color scheme... which I think there is a very good chance I am. Your wrapping is as close as I could find. I even had my phone out with your scheme pulled up while I was in the store shopping for wrapping.

Here is the wrapping I got:

Warning, your fourth gift is kind of random and I have to pick up some ______ to go with it now. And I may have gone overboard on the food items.....

Anyway I believe I am all ready to start the wrapping process. Now I just need to figure out where the scotch tape has decided to hide.
    ooooh are those COLORED napkins?! That is brilliant, I never would have thought of that as wrapping.

Quote Originally Posted by physicschick View Post
    I bought appropriately colored wrapping, and DH helped me finish my craft, so I'll be able to ship later this week when I have time. Getting close!
    Nice, you're shipping soon, how exciting!
    Valentines day (Feb 14): 30"
    Easter (April 21): 31" WAIST
    Summer Solstice (June 21): 32"

Yes, they most certainly are colored napkins.

I'm currently trying to figure out how detailed I need to make this packing list thing and worrying about wrapping things up too well, resulting in everything being torn up if customs decides to take a look see at things. I think I'm overthinking this and being paranoid.

Length
    3"/BSL/Hip
    Type
    3c/M/C/ii/iii

Super awesome boxes so far! Its so fun to see the colorful gifts and the photos that follow.

Giftee I can finally say that both pushing-my-crafting-limits crafts turned out well, I am happy with it and look forward to sending it to you! I took some creative freedom here so hopefully you will still like them, it was certainly made with you and your likes in mind. That completes the box which means I get to send it out this week! Yay!

Funny enough I really look forward to the wrapping and colorizing the box which I will probably do on Friday as I have the day off.
    Stretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | BSL | | MBL | WL | Hip
    Unstretched: Chin | SL | CBL++ | APL | | BSL | MBL | WL
    Growing Out Natural 3C Curls. Last Straightening Treatment Feb 2017

Length
    baby/bcl/dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by KameRose View Post

Sorry Giftee, you first gift doesn't match at all. Your second, third and fourth gift might match... if I'm not mistaking your color scheme... which I think there is a very good chance I am.
    My color-matching isn't stellar either; it'll be okay, it's just for fun .

I've got most of your things, giftee; just need one more comestible, and one craft thing that shouldn't take too long; I'll probably mail by the end of the week. I hope you like everything!
    Lady Kulisa, Speaker of the Mystic Tongues in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    ~ Make your own bead-topped hair sticks! ~

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

KameRose, ooh, almost ready to ship! That wrapping sounds interesting!

physicschick, so nice that your husband helped out.

BerrySara, I look forward to seeing your crafted gift!

Dweam, I can't believe I missed your previous post! Must have been too fixated on the upcoming reveal. Those pieces of wood are gorgeous, I can't wait to see what you make with them.

languagenut, almost there, whoo!

And to all of you, don't worry too much about perfectly matching your giftee's colour scheme, that's practically impossible. Just use it as a starting point, get as close as you can, and most of all, have fun.
    Hosting the Great Color Swap of Summer 2019!