Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: The Great Color Swap - Summer Swap 2019! Mail out deadline September 2nd

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: The Great Color Swap - Summer Swap 2019! Mail out deadline September 2nd

Haha! Love the sitting on the counter sock photo!

Great box.

55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: The Great Color Swap - Summer Swap 2019! Mail out deadline September 2nd

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful box! Well done Alexandrina, all the gifts are spot on! I could do with a piece of labradorite like that myself...
    Hosting the Great Color Swap of Summer 2019!

I'm so pleased you liked your gifts, Nightshade!

And I love the artistic photos you took.

And no, I didn't make the stick, I got it at an Etsy shop called historical arts.

This swap group has been so much fun, I've never been part of a site that does stuff like this before!
    Valentines day (Feb 14): 30"
    Easter (April 21): 31" WAIST
    Summer Solstice (June 21): 32"

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    PixieP, without who I wouldn't have been able to do this swap. Thank you again for taking a chance on vouching me PixieP!
    You are so welcome, and what a great job you did! I'm envious I didn't sign up and was your giftee now XD

I've been lurking, and what amazing reveals so far!

June 2018: Cut back to CBL, back to growing!

Length
    26/FTL/47
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Wow, Alexandrina, that’s a wonderful box! So well thought out and very green!

Never laugh at live dragons.

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Wonderful boxes so far

I am so incredibly behind on getting your box together, giftee. I selected some wood pieces for your crafted gift. As usual, I am trying to make something I haven't done before so wish me luck. If it comes out right, I think you're really going to love it. Here's a peek at the wood pieces I selected:

Luckily, I have most of the weekend to work on your stuff.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

ineffectual and otiose pathetic's Avatar
    Length
    27"/33"/75"
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Wot's this....a package?

A package filled with goodies from Hailwidis!!!

Of course I first grab the easily identifiable food

Cheese balls!!! With gouda, mmmm. Also featuring a lovely sampling of teas and a delicious sour treat!

The rest of the goods, wrapped in ever so appealing pink and green. Underneath it all was this gorgeous card, the perfect token from Holland!

The first gift! Featuring a lovely windowpane shadow, this beautiful bright orange hair stick from Alpenlandkunst! Orange is one of my favorite colors yet I am lacking in orange hair toys, so I'm delighted by this colorful addition to the collection!

The second gift, an enticingly bright-colored box... When I first opened it and saw this pin I made a loud squealing noise. Look at that bun frolicking through the flowers! Hailwidis (sneaky, sneaky) knew I was a big fan of the lops! It's so cute and perfect; I will treasure it forever.

Squeee!!! Look at how pretty - it almost perfectly matches my nail polish! My first paranda ever in the most heavenly spring green color.

Gift number three was the source of the tantalizing smell the whole package had. When opening it I thought somehow Hailwidis managed to ship a perfectly entact slice of cake across the Atlantic ocean. It really does look like swirls of buttercream... It smells yummy as well, like roses, but not in an overpowering musky way, more of a rich earthy smell with a hint of rose. Very nice! I will be stalking this Etsy shop in the future.

Gift number four, an adorable soap saver that matches perfectly with the bar of soap!

ineffectual and otiose pathetic's Avatar
    Length
    27"/33"/75"
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I wanted to fit everything into one post! Hence the very looooong photos, lol.

Alas, here is the group shot (cheese balls half-eaten by DBF) lumped together with the action shots:

The paranda....well, it being my first time ever using one didn't go so smoothly. The bun is slightly malformed (and massive - normal bun for reference) but still very comfortable! I will have to practice more because it looks amazing, my hair is just very slippery.

Thank you so much Hailwidis! It was truly the perfect fun and bright box. I couldn't be happier with all of my gifts! You made my first swap hard to beat.

Welp, I guess after all of that I have room for a bun tax...

The little demon that inspired the pin. Look at her sleeping in her box with all of the shredded cardboard, tuckered out after all of that destruction.

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I'm glad you like everything, pathetic! It was so much fun putting your box together, and thanks to you I discovered that soap store which I am sure I will be ordering from in the future. It's worth checking it regularly: when I ordered your soap my jaw dropped for a soap decorated with little succulents (no longer available and Etsy won't show the pictures anymore, but it was truly a sight). It's no longer available but I will be pouncing on if it ever is again.

Lovely action shots! And look at that cheeky bun!
    In terms of bun size, you are entering Sarahlabyrinth territory with that paranda! Gorgeous. It does take a bit of practice and I do hope it's not too heavy or too much yarn. If it is, you could always undo the knot, remove a couple of strands from each part, and then tie the paranda knot again.

(Oh and I am relieved the cheese balls made it more or less intact - I was worried they would get too shaken and crumble. It seems like they didn't break apart too much. )
    Hosting the Great Color Swap of Summer 2019!

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I love how even the snacks are in the color scheme!

55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*