Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In need of any and all advice

Default In need of any and all advice

Hi everyone! I'm a newlby with a long hair history that I'm looking to change. It starts in 7th grade when I bleached my hair for the first time and ends with me now 28 years old with chronically shoulder length chemically abused hair. I desperately want my hair to be waist length or maybe even longer and healthy but am in need of serious guidance, which is why I'm here im trying to break my addiction to dyes and stop with the every 8 weeks trims. When I was a child my mom let my hair grow down to my hips but once I got older and learned about hair dye, it was over. I am open to any and all advice!

Length
    CBL/31/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Default Re: In need of any and all advice

If you crave color, you could try colored hair wax instead of dye.

Others are way more knowledgeable than I am when it comes to rehabilitating damaged hair, but in a nutshell you will need to be very gentle with it when brushing or detangling, supplement with moisture and protein treatments, and prevent further damage (from bleach and heat).

Protective hairstyles like a peacock twist are a good additional measure to keep your fragile hair from being exposed to mechanical damage.
    Onwards.

26-BSL-28-29-WL-31-32-HL

Thank you Fern! I didnt know there was something called colored hair wax. That's cool, I will research it. I also kind of want to grow my natural color out as well. My whole head has not been my natural color in so long.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

You might like the article in my signature that links to my old damage hair rehabilitation article

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Crenee2890 View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm a newlby with a long hair history that I'm looking to change. It starts in 7th grade when I bleached my hair for the first time and ends with me now 28 years old with chronically shoulder length chemically abused hair. I desperately want my hair to be waist length or maybe even longer and healthy but am in need of serious guidance, which is why I'm here im trying to break my addiction to dyes and stop with the every 8 weeks trims. When I was a child my mom let my hair grow down to my hips but once I got older and learned about hair dye, it was over. I am open to any and all advice!
    First of all: welcome to the forum!

Maybe the microtrimming thread and the dye/bleach grow out thread will be very useful for you. I can't quite link to them now but you should be able to find them easily.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Thank you very much! I will check those threads out.

Thank you, I will read it right now.

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome! When I had bleached hair I found oiling and deep conditioning incredibly valuable. Nightshade has some great salves for damaged hair on etsy(shop name Nightblooming), I have the panacea and love it. If you're not opposed to silicones, they can be great for sealing moisture in as well. Herbal essence hello hydration was great too, I believe it has cones and light protein. Happy growing!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome! You could experiment with new hairstyles and hair toys to get more variation. That might keep your urges in check a little bit. You'll be able to do more hairstyles and use more toys when your hair gets longer

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome to the forum
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR