Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hair and glasses - need advice.

Length
    24/47"/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: Hair and glasses - need advice.

My hair does get caught sometimes in the hinges of my glasses, but it's not all the time. I wear glasses all the time, and wear my hair down probably about half the time I'm at home. I have metal frames, though, that may be part of the issue. I had never considered that plastic might catch less until reading this thread. Out of the house I wear a headband or scarf which keeps hairs away from my glasses.

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by enting View Post
    My hair does get caught sometimes in the hinges of my glasses, but it's not all the time. I wear glasses all the time, and wear my hair down probably about half the time I'm at home. I have metal frames, though, that may be part of the issue. I had never considered that plastic might catch less until reading this thread. Out of the house I wear a headband or scarf which keeps hairs away from my glasses.
    Thank you A headband is a good idea
    FINALLY THICK WL HAIR AFTER HAIR LOSS TRAGEDY!!! See here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUx624JRX84&t=2095s

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Wusel View Post
    Anyway, what I would like to know from you is, how do you deal with hair down and glasses?
    Because I want to wear them all the time and when I wear my sunglasses daily in the summer I always get some breakage in the front from taking them down, ripping hair out... Because single hairs get stuck in the hinge. So, I'm a bit worried that the same will happen with the glasses.
    How does that go for you? Is it a problem? Do you wear your hair down only when you don't have glasses on? Is there something I should know?
    Thank you
    I wear glasses constantly and I catch a hair very rarely, and virtually always I can extricate it without harm. The less frequently you put them on and take them off, the less there are chances for ripping hair. Most of my daily wear glasses have spring loaded hinges.

The hinges should be tight and the glasses well fitted...keeps hair from getting in the hinges. Or the hinges can be designed so that they can't catch hair...Silhouettes lack hinges entirely, other have hings that don't have pinch points. Probably moot for you since you have already picked out your frames.

Nothing constructive to say about people who hate glasses.

2b-2a/C/iii 61"/155cm/growing fitfully longer
    LJ - Blog
    Unless specified otherwise, I am speaking as a member, not a moderator

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I have smooth plastic frames and have never caught any hairs in them. Only if I wear them on top of my head, like some people wear sunglasses.

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Thank you all So, I'm preparing myself for getting used to not take the glasses off during the day, to be careful when I take them down and if a hair gets caught in the hinge carefully take it out before and to buy me some nice headbands for when I want to wear my hair down. Good that I got plastic frames
    FINALLY THICK WL HAIR AFTER HAIR LOSS TRAGEDY!!! See here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUx624JRX84&t=2095s

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

THE GLASSES ARE DONE!!!
    I GO AND GET THEM NOW!!!
    YAY!!!
    (will post a photo here soon so you can see )
    Hope you like them...
    And hope they are nice to my hair...

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Okay, so I finally look like my IQ146 and the PhD I'm preparing for. LOL!
    My bangs have gotten 2,5 cm too long since I cut them 32 days ago. GROWTH POWER!!! ROFL.
    The color is purple but the lighting here makes it muddy.
    I see everything in HD now.

Last edited by Wusel; May 24th, 2019 at 01:33 PM.

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

You look cool! in a beautiful nerdy sort of way. Obviously ultra-intelligent & high on life!

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamazoo View Post
    You look cool! in a beautiful nerdy sort of way. Obviously ultra-intelligent & high on life!
    Thank you I have made a better picture in better lighting so the color doesn't look brown while it actually is purple-red

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

But it's still not the right color showing. Will try to make another one tomorrow outside.