Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Photos of sun-lightened hair?

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Photos of sun-lightened hair?

Love your curls!!
    2008: 24cm/10" 2015: 41cm/16" 2022: 120cm/48" // 2022: 52cm/21"
    instagram

Length
    SL/SL/TL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Love your curls!!
    Thankyou! Here's a photo of it in the sunlight. You can really see the difference between the hair that's been hiding from the sun and the sun lightened hair from last summer! I wear it in a ponytail through summer so I imagine that's the bit that would've been in the pony

Length
    APL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Here's an old picture of me (last family picture, not sure how long ago it was):

The sun bleached part is on the bottom, with my natural color on the top. Still have a similar watch (not the exact same one, since I think I lost that one), but the necklace is long gone (the clamp no longer closed, so it kept falling off and I eventually lost it), and I wear bifocal glasses now, more rectangular (the ones I'm wearing in the picture might be falling off or bent, since I'm very hard on glasses).

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

What a lovely hair colour, Lady Winchester! And that's a good degree of photobleaching at that length. What kind of climate do you live in, if I may ask?
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    APL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

It's not that color anymore, unfortunately. It's faded to a medium golden brown. I live in southern British Columbia, on the west coast of Canada, and our weather is similar to Central European weather conditions; cold, wet and a few beautiful summer months (usually hot, but we can get the occasional hellish winter).
    Last edited by Lady Winchester; July 15th, 2023 at 12:57 AM.

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Oh, I've been looking for this thread A while ago I took this colour comparison shot of my length around waist versus at knee. This is all virgin hair, so it's purely from gradual exposure to the sun and an age difference of about 4 years if my math is correct.

Still hard to believe it's that drastic given I don't spend that much time in the sun at all. However, I also wear the same bun style every day, so perhaps that contributes to it. My hair at waist and shorter forms the back of my bun, while anything longer makes up the coils on top of my head, which would naturally get more sunlight. Hmm...

(The colour at waist is lighter than what grows at my roots, but I don't think quite as much as this in what would be a comparable time frame. Hard to say though, and it depends on the lighting too.)
    Last edited by lapis_lazuli; July 15th, 2023 at 01:12 PM.