Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clarifying Shampoo Recommendations

Default Re: Clarifying Shampoo Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    I like Giovanni Golden Wheat shampoo. It cleans nicely and smells delightful. A bit pricey, but if you clarify once in a while a little bottle will last a long time.
    I love this shampoo, if you buy the small size it is expensive, but I have been finding Giovanni shampoos in the 1 Liter size for14$ can at winners.
    Their shampoo 50/50, works well but does not smell as wonderful!

Length
    Pixie/CB/CB
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Clarifying Shampoo Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctantlylong View Post
    I have blonde straight haired kids and I used to buy them avolon organics lemon shampoo and conditioner.( natural food section of regular grocery store) I would use it as a clarifying shampoo. Had a hairdresser tell me to adding a handful of baking soda to your regular shampoo occasionally only to clarify; as for well water mine is soft for a well but 50% harder than the city I used to live in but my☺️hair likes it way better without the chlorine.
    I once tried putting only a teaspoon of baking soda in my shampoo for a wash after reading somewhere that it would clarify hair and what a mess it made of my hair. My normally oily scalp/ dryish length hair turned out looking sort of bushy and very dried out. And it took a few shampoos to get it back to normal.

I second the Suave for clarifying. Most any of the Suave Essentials work for me to clarify. I usually use the Green Apple one, but haven't tried it since they've changed the formula lately. I still have the old one.