Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CollectWithJoy

Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: CollectWithJoy

Thank you! If I go crazy shaking my head around I can hear them but not most of the time. I just took a walk and didn't notice them at all. Got to admit I think it's kinda hilarious to have a crochet hook in. I feel all "I'm ready" if I need to do some on-the-spot emergency crocheting!
    Last edited by lunasea; Yesterday at 09:33 PM.
    (We are) star stuff contemplating the stars...Carl Sagan
    In old age; wandering on paths of beauty; lively may I walk...Night Chant of the Navajo.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Willowyn View Post
    But I must admit, that's not the norm for me. My thyroid biopsy is tomorrow, and I had a lot of nervous energy. It was either keep myself busy or eat ALL THE CHOCOLATE. .
    Prayers headed your way, Willowyn!

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Type
    1b/F/i

Okay, two pictures of what I believe to be my Graydog sticks (with maybe a couple of exceptions). The first is outside on a cloudy day and the second is with a flash to show the colors you see on a sunny day. I believe the bright blue and green double ended stick is probably a Daystar. It is much thicker and not as finely made and finished as the others. Also, I'm not sure who made the double ended stick at the bottom of the first picture. I love the colors though. Although I don't know that Graydog ever did crochet hooks, the one with the spiral topper definitely looks like their work to me. The two others (with the floating rings) may or may not be. I honestly don't know but the workmanship is wonderful nevertheless.

Last edited by lunasea; Today at 11:27 AM.
    In old age; wandering on paths of beauty; lively may I walk...Night Chant of the Navajo.

Length
    18/23/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

WOW WOW WOW!! What a great collection, Lunasea! You and I seem to have the same weakness....

I'm pretty sure the one with the white acrylic band is by Nigel of Elymwold.

In other news, I learned this morning that my thyroid nodule biopsy came out benign....and last night the bank cleared us to close on our new home.
    I am overwhelmed with relief. This thread has been a great outlet during a very stressful time.

"Put down roots. Grow strong. Stay flexible."

Length
    Chin/<TBL/<TBL
    Type
    2c/F/ii

WOW WOW WOW!! What a great collection, Lunasea! You and I seem to have the same weakness....

In other news, I learned this morning that my thyroid nodule biopsy came out benign....and last night the bank cleared us to close on our new home.
    I am overwhelmed with relief. This thread has been a great outlet during a very stressful time.
    Very pretty collection Lunasea

Yay...great news about your house Willowyn

I have also been in your shoes with that health concern (no fun but also benign thankfully), so I am very happy for you
    Lady with Long Hair
    [^video link]
    ~ Enjoy every stage of your hair journey ~

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Wow, those are so pretty, Lunasea!

Willowyn, so glad for your good news. I've been thinking of you.

Type
    1b/F/i

I am SO HAPPY for you Willowyn! Awesome, time to kick back and bask in the glory of relief. Those moments are precious!

I'm pretty sure that one with the acrylic band is Graydog. They had a lot of those in their Etsy shop at the end and this is pretty much identical. Also, I have a lot of Nigel's work and this doesn't look remotely like it.

For example, this is from Graydog's sales page:
    as is this
    Last edited by lunasea; Today at 12:39 PM.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

In other news, I learned this morning that my thyroid nodule biopsy came out benign....and last night the bank cleared us to close on our new home.I am overwhelmed with relief. This thread has been a great outlet during a very stressful time.
    I just breathed a sigh of relief! I can't even imagine how relieved you must feel!

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small