Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 30 day water challenge

Length
    bob/SHLD/hips
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: 30 day water challenge

Thank you for reminding me, Blackgothicdoll!
    If straight water is bothering you, look up detox water recipes, or for a really simple one, just add a 1/2 teaspoon salt, tablespoon of lemon or apple cider vinegar, and a bit of honey. Shake/stir, and enjoy.
    Adding a bit of salt to your water is a good way to make sure that you are getting enough electrolytes.
    Thank you for the reminder and welcome to the challenge!!
    I'm a crow. I like shiny things. And I'm more than a little obsessed with hair, even tho I keep cutting mine off.
    I'm not cutting it for two years though, so we'll see how it goes!

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I haven't officially started this water challenge since I have hard time drinking enough water during work days and I never know how much I drink if I do manage to drink. I'm looking for a good water bottle I could take to work, the kind that keeps water cool. That way I could estimate my water consumption better. I believe I do drink enough on my free days since my goal every day is to fill 1 liter glass bottle I keep in fridge and drink that during day. Plus I often drink carbonated water and at least 2 or 3 cups of tea every day (often more). So only work days are a little problematic.

Mother of Crocodiles YvetteVarie's Avatar
    Length
    TWA/TWA/max
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

My water bottle is ageing and the seal is no longer functioning correctly. So I have swapped it for a metal flask that is holds about 650ml. So far drunk 4 of the flasks. I chopped up half a lemon and put it into the flask and have just been topping up with warm water. I have a cold so I need to hydrate more.
    fade -> EL->NL ~> APL ~> BSL ~> MBL ~> WL (stretched goals)

Cut off locs and restarting hair journey

Length
    bob/SHLD/hips
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

that's great!
    I just use a regular ol' metal water bottle, but there is always the ever popular Hydro-flask.
    I am doing better about water over this weekend. Today so far I've had two cups of coffee/milk, and am on my first water bottle. My goal is 6 of those today.
    I'm a crow. I like shiny things. And I'm more than a little obsessed with hair, even tho I keep cutting mine off.

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    I tried drinking ~2 litres (8 glasses) of water every day. It lasted for only 3 months and it was horrible. I was peeing all the time, anywhere I went I had to think about whether a bathroom would be available or I just couldn't go. My Dad has diabetes insipidus and I think that was a taste of what his life is like when he's out of pills. I couldn't drink any tea or coffee because I was so full of water, I felt bloated and I gained 3 kilos out of nowhere that never really went away.

IMO you should drink as much water as you feel like you need. For me it's about 4 glasses, plus a few cups of tea/coffee/milk/soups/whatever. Maybe a bit more during summer if I'm outside and sweating a lot. I bought Tupperware bottles a few years ago (a 500ml one and a 350ml one from the kids collection) and I carry them with me all the time.
    THIS.
    100% same.
    FINALLY THICK WL HAIR AFTER HAIR LOSS TRAGEDY!!! See here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUx624JRX84&t=2095s

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I had a good drinking day today I definitely drank over 2 liters, plain water and water from food combined. It could have been an overkill but I did sweat a lot today too.

Length
    TWA/TWA/max
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Regularly drinking 2l or more on working days. Less when I'm at home because I'm distracted by the babies

Length
    bob/SHLD/hips
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Yayy!!! I also have been doing well with water drinking. I think somewhere around 12 cups a day. Keep plugging along!!

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

So looking back I have been more mindful about my water consumption for almost a month now. This week hasn't been ideal though, I don't think I drank enough on two days. I almost bought a water bottle lol.

Length
    TWA/TWA/max
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

I am still doing well. Since its winter here, I drink warm water instead of tea/coffee. My milk supply has gone up as well