Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ketogenic Diet and Intermittent Fasting - Anybody Here? Hair experiences?

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Ketogenic Diet and Intermittent Fasting - Anybody Here? Hair experiences?

Resurrecting an old thread - DH and I are going to start a 5 day water only fast tomorrow, is there any chance it could cause shedding? I have previously done 3 day WO fasts with no problems, but never a 5 day fast. Any ideas, or advice?

I hope to continue on afterwards with IF, probably 16:8.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Ketogenic Diet and Intermittent Fasting - Anybody Here? Hair experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    Resurrecting an old thread - DH and I are going to start a 5 day water only fast tomorrow, is there any chance it could cause shedding? I have previously done 3 day WO fasts with no problems, but never a 5 day fast. Any ideas, or advice?

I hope to continue on afterwards with IF, probably 16:8.
    It's best to gradually let your body get used to longer and longer fasts. Have you done any longer (48h+) fasts lately?
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    It's best to gradually let your body get used to longer and longer fasts. Have you done any longer (48h+) fasts lately?
    No, I haven't. I will be taking a supplement of containing 87 vitamins and minerals each day though, it's a powder you mix into a glass of water.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

No, I haven't. I will be taking a supplement of containing 87 vitamins and minerals each day though, it's a powder you mix into a glass of water.
    I think that's going to break the fast by raising insulin, so technically you'd only be doing five 24-hour fasts in a row. However, you're not taking in energy, so you'd still be burning your body fat.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I think that's going to break the fast by raising insulin, so technically you'd only be doing five 24-hour fasts in a row. However, you're not taking in energy, so you'd still be burning your body fat.
    Do you think I would be better to not take the powder and just do water only? I haven't fasted at all since last year when I did IF for several months. I haven't done fasting of any kind this year, in fact more the opposite. And do you still think I should do a shorter fast before beginning IF? I want to break a sugar addiction. Actually today (Day 1 ) has gone very well, I just came home from doing a short bike ride(just a couple of km).

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Do you think I would be better to not take the powder and just do water only? I haven't fasted at all since last year when I did IF for several months. I haven't done fasting of any kind this year, in fact more the opposite. And do you still think I should do a shorter fast before beginning IF? I want to break a sugar addiction. Actually today (Day 1 ) has gone very well, I just came home from doing a short bike ride(just a couple of km).
    Hmm, honestly, I think 48-hour fasts are quite amazing. You could do a few of those rather than a prolonged one. Going on a low-carb diet if you aren't yet on one is extremely efficient for breaking sugar addiction. But we should probably talk about this more in the low-carb and IF threads. People tend to get angry about this kind of talk over in this sub-forum.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Hmm, honestly, I think 48-hour fasts are quite amazing. You could do a few of those rather than a prolonged one. Going on a low-carb diet if you aren't yet on one is extremely efficient for breaking sugar addiction. But we should probably talk about this more in the low-carb and IF threads. People tend to get angry about this kind of talk over in this sub-forum.
    They do? How does it affect them? And I only put this here in the first place because I couldn't find the IF thread....

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

They do? How does it affect them? And I only put this here in the first place because I couldn't find the IF thread....
    I know, I'm not blaming you for posting here. I just have bad experiences of talking about dietary choices and fasting over here.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I know, I'm not blaming you for posting here. I just have bad experiences of talking about dietary choices and fasting over here.
    Oh, that's a shame. Thank you, anyway.

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I started IF a few days ago and was also wondering if that affected hair growth/hair loss. If there is a special IF thread I would gladly join!