Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TBL by Yule/Christmas 2020

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default TBL by Yule/Christmas 2020

I am still hoping that I will be able to reach classic by that time as well, but if I can just reach solid TBL with a thick hemline, I'll be very much content with that, too. We'll see! Who wants to grow together with me?
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: TBL by Yule/Christmas 2020

Hey Ylva,

Today I worked out that I might actually reach hip by solstice 2019, (mind blown) so might actually reach this goal or get significantly close to it. So I’d love to join.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Oh that's awesome Tinyponies! Welcome to the thread! Are you doing no-trimming?

Length
    bob/SHLD/hips
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I'm down! Though by Christmas next year, I should hopefully have reached classic, but like Tinyponies, I'm aiming for the blunt hem.
    I'm a crow. I like shiny things. And I'm more than a little obsessed with hair, even tho I keep cutting mine off.
    I'm not cutting it for two years though, so we'll see how it goes!

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Nice to travel with you

Re trimming, I’m in the first half of this year challenge, and planning to assess at solstice. My hair has mechanical damage (plus sun and hot showers) and all that is prone to splitting but I’ve done some s&d on the worst affected areas.

Most I’ll be (self) trimming in any case will be half an inch, 2 times a year. It may end up less if things don’t get too tangly. I don’t want to cause more damage by holding onto what I ought to trim off.

What are your plans?

Length
    bob/SHLD/hips
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I'm going to micro/trim in September, and then maybe again June 2020. Otherwise, just keep it out of the way, benign neglect it, and stay the course.
    What's your weekly hair-care routine?
    I'm a crow. I like shiny things. And I'm more than a little obsessed with hair, even tho I keep cutting mine off.
    I'm not cutting it for two years though, so we'll see how it goes!

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Welcome to the thread, soldierssong! Do join the classic by Yule/Christmas 2020 thread as well (link is in the first post) if you haven't yet!

It sounds like you both have a good plan for the future. I'll be microtrimming every 6 weeks, taking off max. 0.5 cm unless my ends thin out drastically at some point, which I find quite unlikely as I've gotten rid of the worst damage by this point.

My haircare routine is WCC + LCO (currently taking a break from ROO seeing how it goes) anywhere from every 2 days to once a week, but usually every 2 or 3 days. Once my hair is in better condition and I've used up my leave-ins, I'm hoping to return to my usual healthy hair routine of just shampoo and conditioner and maybe some pre-poo oiling.

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I'll join! I'm predicting I'll hit TBL by July of 2020, but that's with no trims at all and I'll likely trim at the end of this year.

My routine is WCCC every week or two, and I always squish to condish with an ACV rinse. The third condition is the one I S2C, as I rinse the second with the ACV. The first is to make it easier to get the second condition through my hair, as it's tangled instantly when wet. That's more like half a condition if anything! I put some conditioner on (I use Suave Essentials, which is very very cheap and I've got four bottles of it) and work it through as best as I can before rinsing it. The rinsing helps with slip so that I can actually get conditioner properly through!

Then I'll LOC if I feel up to it, but I don't about half the time.

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Hey soldiersong and Corvana, my hair sensei

Corvana, WCCC is a new concept to me. Is that 3 goes with the suave, or are you counting your acv rinse as one? Do you dilute the vinegar?

I’m nw right now *partly* because I’ve never yet had a wash routine that even came close to doing it for me. I’ll carry on until the day I’m not enjoying it any more but try to keep learning.

I really like to understand why things work and this is obviously working for you (and with similar hair type too)

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyponies View Post
    Hey soldiersong and Corvana, my hair sensei

Corvana, WCCC is a new concept to me. Is that 3 goes with the suave, or are you counting your acv rinse as one? Do you dilute the vinegar?

I’m nw right now *partly* because I’ve never yet had a wash routine that even came close to doing it for me. I’ll carry on until the day I’m not enjoying it any more but try to keep learning.

I really like to understand why things work and this is obviously working for you (and with similar hair type too)
    So I'll wash (I use a scalp brush now, which really helps me get the lather going in my hard water, 10/10 do recommend), and then I'll use a little bit of conditioner (like about a quarter to half dollar size, seriously) for my first C and run that through whatever I can and rinse it out. Then is my first "real" condition, that I then bun while I wash the rest of me, which I rinse with ACV. I do dilute it, about a tablespoon to a couple quarts of water I think? And then I put more conditioner in that I'll s2c out.

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights