Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: TBL by Yule/Christmas 2020

Very pretty, BethiBerries!

Welcome here, spirals!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Student of long hair care squirrrel's Avatar
    Length
    24/45.7/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Hi Spirals, having just spotted your post in the waist to tailbone thread, I have to agree that you are well on the way. Welcome.

That looks good BethiBerries. Enjoy growing on.

Length
    38/38/42
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I'm currently having an argument with myself about split ends... I have lots in the last inch or so but really want to cling to my length... I'm not sure whether to buy some scissors and get my sister to take an inch off or to S and D? How much above the split do you have to remove in S and D? Can I just ignore my splits or will they cause more damage?

I'm about 2 inches above tbl but I think I have quite a slow growth rate, although I've only just started trying to keep track so I dont know for certain.

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor_ View Post
    I'm currently having an argument with myself about split ends... I have lots in the last inch or so but really want to cling to my length... I'm not sure whether to buy some scissors and get my sister to take an inch off or to S and D? How much above the split do you have to remove in S and D? Can I just ignore my splits or will they cause more damage?

I'm about 2 inches above tbl but I think I have quite a slow growth rate, although I've only just started trying to keep track so I dont know for certain.
    Hey there,

As far as I understand it, how you deal with splits is very personal. It will depend on how much they cause your ends to tangle (deep conditioning, oiling, putting it up in a protective style will help).

Also on the texture and coarseness/fineness of your hair. Will they travel up? I think it all depends.

You don’t have to cut, and you don’t have to s&d either. It depends on what you want, and what you can tolerate/baby along.

I think when trimming off a split it’s a good idea to go above the point where there’s damage to the hair shaft but really it’s up to you. As long as your scissors are good, very sharp. And I believe it’s a good idea to cut straight across the hair than leave a diagonal cut, if that makes sense?

I’m all for prevention, it suits me best. So ends are away safe in a bun and that also reduces drastically how dry and therefore tangly they get.

Keep experimenting and see what works best for you!

~ ~ ~

I’m so close to making this challenge that it’s really entertaining me. I’m around an inch away from bcl right now, and need about 3.5 inches from here to get me to tbl-ish.

My growth rate seems very average, but I’ve never had my hair this long before so no idea if things will start slowing down at this length.

Thanks, Ylva and squirrel. I've never made a by-the-end-of-the-year goal before.

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Best of luck Spirals

Length
    38/38/42
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Thanks Tinyponies! I think I'm going to stick to ignoring them for the moment... Good hair scissors look quite expensive!

I brushed my hair before I washed it (which took all the waves out) and I think my longest strands are at tbl! I'm not going to call it until much more of my hair is there but it's crazy to think I might actually make it for Christmas! I thought I was being optimistic.

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor_ View Post
    Thanks Tinyponies! I think I'm going to stick to ignoring them for the moment... Good hair scissors look quite expensive!

I brushed my hair before I washed it (which took all the waves out) and I think my longest strands are at tbl! I'm not going to call it until much more of my hair is there but it's crazy to think I might actually make it for Christmas! I thought I was being optimistic.
    Oh nice! With half the year left you’ve plenty of time

Length
    38/38/42
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Took a photo of my hair! Attempting to put last months next to it for comparison
    [IMG][/IMG]

Might be doable for me... Or not. We'll see, but I'm in!))