Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: TBL by Yule/Christmas 2020

Default Re: TBL by Yule/Christmas 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyponies View Post
    Hi there friends, how are you doing?

Having a look and a measure, I have around 3 inches to go (on dry hair) to get me to tbl. So might have to re-aim for TBL by spring equinox 2021. But we’ll see how it goes!
    3 inches wow you are so close! Bet you get there in no time
    Hair journey:
    February 2019: 30"
    February 2020: 35"

Length
    buzz/bcl/tbl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    3 inches wow you are so close! Bet you get there in no time
    Thank you. It will be what it will be. I love my hair being this long and hope it will be able to get a bit longer.

hair-brained
    Length
    pixi/butt/butt
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Post Re: TBL by Yule/Christmas 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Did a measure, looks like I'll be hitting TBL in May the plan is to grow to TBL, cut back to BCL, and go on like that until I feel my ends are less scraggly. Looks like BCL - TBL takes me about 3 months so perhaps I'll be able to match it to the season challenge!
    Hey, I'm just popping in to update all the length/challenge threads I'm on I reached TBL and am cutting back to BCL after the Midsummer festivities are over!
    Guys, I hit TBL again! If all goes well I'll hit TBL three times by Christmas/Yule 2020 (Though, only cutting 5 cm and regrowing miiight be like cheating a little bit...) Anyway, I'll be cutting back to BCL before my next wash. My ends are grabby and scraggly and I can hardly braid anymore. So. I probably won't entertain the thought of growing beyond TBL until (if, that is) I ever grow to TBL and realise my ends are actually in good shape at that length. I haven't used heat in a good few years but I think I have a few more before I've trimmed out any heat damage. Also, my hair is really sensitive to sun damage so maybe that's playing a role...

I actually went and calculated how long before I've trimmed out any heat treated hair (maybe this should be in the "You know you're an LHCer when...") My very ends are about 6.25 years old. I quit heat in 2017 (let's say January, but I can't actually remember) so it should be heat free when I cut it on the spring equinox 2023. Eh, lucky I'm not impatient I guess.

ETA 1: going through this thread I realised that my monthly growth isn't 2 cm, it's 4 cm per three months, meaning it's actually 1 1/3 cm or roughly an inch!

ETA 2: also, going through this thread I realised that I really miss Groovy Granny. She's a sweetheart!
    Last edited by Siv; September 22nd, 2020 at 12:06 PM.
    ᛃ hair instagrampre-poocwc wcc

Length
    ChinL/WL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Guys, I hit TBL again! If all goes well I'll hit TBL three times by Christmas/Yule 2020 (Though, only cutting 5 cm and regrowing miiight be like cheating a little bit...) Anyway, I'll be cutting back to BCL before my next wash. My ends are grabby and scraggly and I can hardly braid anymore. So. I probably won't entertain the thought of growing beyond TBL until (if, that is) I ever grow to TBL and realise my ends are actually in good shape at that length. I haven't used heat in a good few years but I think I have a few more before I've trimmed out any heat damage. Also, my hair is really sensitive to sun damage so maybe that's playing a role...

I actually went and calculated how long before I've trimmed out any heat treated hair (maybe this should be in the "You know you're an LHCer when...") My very ends are about 6.25 years old. I quit heat in 2017 (let's say January, but I can't actually remember) so it should be heat free when I cut it on the spring equinox 2023. Eh, lucky I'm not impatient I guess.

ETA 1: going through this thread I realised that my monthly growth isn't 2 cm, it's 4 cm per three months, meaning it's actually 1 1/3 cm or roughly an inch!

ETA 2: also, going through this thread I realised that I really miss Groovy Granny. She's a sweetheart!
    I think cutting back to BCL is a nice length for you right now. I wouldn't feel bad doing that at all. That's great that you've been cutting out heat since 2017! I try to minimize how much heat I use per week too. With my hair type I really need to use heat or the hair style will look too poofy or frizzy-looking. I really like the idea of having hair to my butt!

Hey, I've also been going through the threads, and I've been missing Groovy Granny as well! You are most definitely right that she is a true sweetheart! She is a good friend of mine! She told me in her last private message that she is taking an internet break, and she doesn't know when she will return. So, until then hopefully we will see her again soon!

Length
    HL/TBL/MTL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Big congrats on BCL, Tinyponies! And congrats, Siv, on your second TBL hit! I'm in a similar place, plannig to cut back to TBL or thereabouts at the end of the year, but right now, I can't really see beyond the next day since I'm unable to even wash my hair myself right now (recovering from surgery), and for all I know, it could take up to a month until I can but really, I have no idea yet.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Length
    12/17.5/55
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    (recovering from surgery)
    How did it go! Glad to see you around c:

Length
    HL/TBL/MTL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    How did it go! Glad to see you around c:
    Thank you, I'm definitely glad to BE around as well!

My operation went very well. I've been tightly packaged since then but I'm due to have my first shower today so will sort of see the operated area (except there are tapes over the cuts). I haven't been in any unbearable pain either, in fact I would only describe it as discomfort most of the time. I'm able to move around quite freely albeit carefully and I can take care of my needs apart from more complex matters like cooking and putting on shirts and taking them off, and I'll probably need DBF's help in the shower, as well as with the supportive textile pieces.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.