View Poll Results: ...how many inches would you choose?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 1.18%

3 3.53%

5 5.88%

3 3.53%

11 12.94%

2 2.35%

2 2.35%
  • 9+

52 61.18%
  • None - I like the journey and don't want to cheat!

6 7.06%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If for a magical holiday gift you could have some extra hair growth....

Length
    APL/MBL/MBL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default If for a magical holiday gift you could have some extra hair growth....

So in this fantasy land you get to choose any number of inches on top of your regular hair growth for December. I voted 4", which would take me to waist where I could maintain for a bit to get rid of layers. I do like the journey/process of hair growing so I wouldn't want to skip ahead by, say, 10 inches as I'd be sad to miss milestones and maybe wouldn't feel as pleased as if I'd 'earned' it the regular way (ie. patience!).

What number of inches would you pick and why?
    Last edited by Dendra; December 19th, 2017 at 04:51 AM.
    APL - BSL - MBL - WL

Growing out hendigo // Virgin hair APL+

Length
    23/27/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: If for a magical holiday gift you could have some extra hair growth....

I went for 6", plenty to notice but not a shock to suddenly have to deal with mountains of hair
    APL > BSL > Waist > Hip > TBL

Length
    0.25/46/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: If for a magical holiday gift you could have some extra hair growth....

I voted for 9+. 9 inches would take me to around my original goal mid thigh and even though I wanna grow further, I wouldn't want to miss that milestone and enjoy it for a bit.

Home is where the heart is

Length
    Pixie/15"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I went with 9+, that would be enough to get me past the akward grow out stage and the mullet.

I'd be perfectly happy skipping milestones and going directly to bsl. I hate waiting for things I want and my growth has slowed down.
    Stay calm and waffle on

Grow, grow, here we grow! Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Length
    12"/Calf/Ankle
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I would vote for 9+ so that I could then do a nice trim and still have good length Even if I grew 12" and trimmed 9" off, my hair would be thicker at longer length and that's a goal for me.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Where the eagle and the raven fly free.........
    Length
    MBL/CL/MTL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

9+, for the same reasons as Sarah.

@veerexx
    hair thickness: 3.35" (8.5 cm) | length: 41" (104 cm)
    Lady Flidais, Guardian of the Woodland Creatures in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I voted none. I'm a sucker, I know.

I just like the journey totally, going too fast at this point when I'm so close to classic might ruin the comfort level I have with my hair, and that is... I like growing slowly into my milestones, especially at classic. Classic you see is my comfort spot, my "sweet spot" so to say and anything beyond that is... tricky to say the least. I would love to grow past it and see, but I'm glad it's a slow transition, let's just say that.

So I have a good reason, at least.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    17.5/22.5/27.5
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

I voted 9+ to get past the mullet stage and to have enough length to start braiding again. It's been 3 years since my hair was last long enough to braid and I miss it.
    Lady Morgan Lynn of the Winding Forest Paths in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

9+ so I can thicken my length up. Also it would be cool to hit midcalf since I have been at knee for so many years! Milestones get so very far apart after classic. Oooh, and maybe then the false crown braid would wrap around enough times to end at a nice spot so I can rock that style again. I miss it

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

☮ Enjoy the journey ♡ Groovy Granny's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/@ Hip/@ Hip
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I voted none. I'm a sucker, I know.

I just like the journey totally, going too fast at this point when I'm so close to classic might ruin the comfort level I have with my hair, and that is... I like growing slowly into my milestones, especially at classic. Classic you see is my comfort spot, my "sweet spot" so to say and anything beyond that is... tricky to say the least. I would love to grow past it and see, but I'm glad it's a slow transition, let's just say that.

So I have a good reason, at least.
    I'm with you

I have often said waist to hip is my 'sweet spot'; it was in the 1960's and now again in my 60's for comfort and easy to care for (arthritis).

BCL was my longest length BRIEFLY in 2016 ...and if I were to grow any longer ....I would do it slowly just to try classic.

You just never know