Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The "No unnecessary touching" challenge

Length
    24,5/24,5/30
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: The "No unnecessary touching" challenge

No I dont have a S&D schedule, I just do it whenever I notice I have split ends. What about you?

Length
    SL/CBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by soldierssong View Post
    Still plodding along on the no-touching. Just as long as I continue to keep my hair back and out of the way, I am mostly fine.
    I've limited myself to brushing my hair just once or sometimes twice a day, or sometimes I forget and don't brush for a day or two. My hair is definitely happier and is growing, and looking healthier as well. Yayyy!!
    Yay! Sounds great

Quote Originally Posted by candyluna View Post
    No I dont have a S&D schedule, I just do it whenever I notice I have split ends. What about you?
    I had to limit my S&Ding to just once a month. In the past it go so excessive that I actually managed to thin out my ends I'll cut away splits and everything that looks like it might be damaged and I can do it all day if I'm at home. It also leads to me playing with my hair and combing and detangling it too much. So I'm not allowed to S&D too often, can't trust myself with it
    You are cast out from the heavens to the ground
    Blackened feathers falling down

Length
    24,5/24,5/30
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    Yay! Sounds great

I had to limit my S&Ding to just once a month. In the past it go so excessive that I actually managed to thin out my ends I'll cut away splits and everything that looks like it might be damaged and I can do it all day if I'm at home. It also leads to me playing with my hair and combing and detangling it too much. So I'm not allowed to S&D too often, can't trust myself with it
    That sounds verrry similar. Its just so hard to stop playing and S&Ding alot with it. Even when I now think about S&Ding I want to grab my scissors..

Today has been a good day though. I put my hair in a bun and haven't touched my hair for the whole day. (Except puting it back in place etc)

Length
    SL/CBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by candyluna View Post
    That sounds verrry similar. Its just so hard to stop playing and S&Ding alot with it. Even when I now think about S&Ding I want to grab my scissors..

Today has been a good day though. I put my hair in a bun and haven't touched my hair for the whole day. (Except puting it back in place etc)
    The struggle is real. S&Ding is just so darn relaxing for me. At the same time it makes me feel like I'm doing something beneficial for my hair, which is false (in moderation it's all good).

Good job! Wishing you more good days Stay strong and eventually it will get easier.

Length
    chin/SL/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I massage my scalp 3 times a day which gave me great growth results 4 years ago... and my hair is very sturdy too... I never got breakage or so from manipulating it too much... I'm still thinking if this challenge would give me some kind of benefit...
    Hans and me playing my song "Through Hell".
    https://youtu.be/-Jmn5kWNMxM

Length
    SL/CBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Wusel View Post
    I massage my scalp 3 times a day which gave me great growth results 4 years ago... and my hair is very sturdy too... I never got breakage or so from manipulating it too much... I'm still thinking if this challenge would give me some kind of benefit...
    Maybe at some point later on you will join us! I know you have lots of stuff in your hair care routine right now but you are definitely welcome here when you feel like it.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

I was tempted to wash my hair today just because I wanna mess with it but I'm not washing until Wednesday. It's gonna take some effort to train myself to stretch washes (which isn't really a big deal for me since I have a dry scalp). My only exception is if I go to the gym or do yard work and sweat a lot, but my *$$ hasn't burned a calorie in months so Wednesday it is.

eta: nvm. better luck next time
    Last edited by blackgothicdoll; May 19th, 2019 at 07:26 PM.
    [ SL | CBL | APL | BSL | WL | HL ]