Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 87

Thread: The "No unnecessary touching" challenge

  1. #71
    Member blackgothicdoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,237
    Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

    Default Re: The "No unnecessary touching" challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    Hey, welcome blackgothicdoll! I hope this thread and challenge will be useful for you!
    I'm already twitching

    eta: ok so I went ahead and did my scheduled trim, a month earlier (it is once every six months) and I only did between 1/4-1/2 inch, eyeballing on the troubled ends of the longer layers. I'm happy with that. NOW I can NUT.
    Last edited by blackgothicdoll; May 12th, 2019 at 07:09 PM.
    [ SL | CBL | APL | BSL | WL | HL ]

  2. #72
    Member Begemot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,420
    Length
    SL/CBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: The "No unnecessary touching" challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    I'm already twitching

    eta: ok so I went ahead and did my scheduled trim, a month earlier (it is once every six months) and I only did between 1/4-1/2 inch, eyeballing on the troubled ends of the longer layers. I'm happy with that. NOW I can NUT.
    You can do it!

    I have been avoiding unnecessary touching one month and two weeks now. I stopped frequent S&Ding and have worn my hair up daily. Slowly but surely I have managed to limit playing with my hair, brushing too much and excess detangling and finger-combing too. It's still not the "new normal" for me so I'll keep going and being mindful of touching my hair too much.
    You are cast out from the heavens to the ground
    Blackened feathers falling down



  3. #73
    Member Katsura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Finland
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,472
    Length
    APL/Waist/?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii

    Default Re: The "No unnecessary touching" challenge

    I've had the no touching on my mind and I'm giving it my best shot.

    Thank you for the warm welcome Begemot!


    APL --- BSL --- MBL --- Waist --- Hip --> ?

  4. #74
    Member Begemot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,420
    Length
    SL/CBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: The "No unnecessary touching" challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Katsura View Post
    I've had the no touching on my mind and I'm giving it my best shot.

    Thank you for the warm welcome Begemot!
    It's nothing, Katsura, great to have you here How has it been for you? It's different to have trich tendency than having just a bad habit of playing with hair. I do know there are bracelets, toys, other awareness devices and apps that can help to deal with it but that's about it.
    You are cast out from the heavens to the ground
    Blackened feathers falling down



  5. #75
    Member Katsura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Finland
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,472
    Length
    APL/Waist/?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii

    Default Re: The "No unnecessary touching" challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    It's nothing, Katsura, great to have you here How has it been for you? It's different to have trich tendency than having just a bad habit of playing with hair. I do know there are bracelets, toys, other awareness devices and apps that can help to deal with it but that's about it.
    It's going ok, I'm so happy to have read this thread, I think the idea is now better planted in my mind and I remember it whenever I notice I'm unnecessarily touching my hair. I play a lot of Candy Crush.
    I'm also doing pretty good with pulling, although I noticed I was doing it a bit to my eyebrows recently. My bangs have grown stronger so I really want to leave them alone. I have a problem of touching and feeling my scalp too (because when my trich was bad I got scabs on my scalp and then I started going after them too...) and I think the active NUT is going to help my scalp health. I do occasionally "wake up" as I've started doing something harmful, and then I actively try to stop it.


    APL --- BSL --- MBL --- Waist --- Hip --> ?

  6. #76
    Member Begemot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,420
    Length
    SL/CBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: The "No unnecessary touching" challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Katsura View Post
    It's going ok, I'm so happy to have read this thread, I think the idea is now better planted in my mind and I remember it whenever I notice I'm unnecessarily touching my hair. I play a lot of Candy Crush.
    I'm also doing pretty good with pulling, although I noticed I was doing it a bit to my eyebrows recently. My bangs have grown stronger so I really want to leave them alone. I have a problem of touching and feeling my scalp too (because when my trich was bad I got scabs on my scalp and then I started going after them too...) and I think the active NUT is going to help my scalp health. I do occasionally "wake up" as I've started doing something harmful, and then I actively try to stop it.
    I'm so glad this thread is useful for you! Remember the three letters when you need a wake up call: NUT You can always come here for support.
    Ouch, the scabs sound awful good thing it's not a problem anymore. I read somewhere that you can apply vaseline on your eyebrows and that should help with leaving them alone. Not the hottest look if you need to go outside but maybe it could be useful for home days. Candy crush is a great idea too
    You are cast out from the heavens to the ground
    Blackened feathers falling down



  7. #77
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    13
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: The "No unnecessary touching" challenge

    I wear my hair up most of the time because of this and still when it's down my hands are all over it, S&Ding, twirling, and inspecting. It's so hard to get myself to stop

  8. #78
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    23
    Length
    24,5/24,5/30
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

    Default Re: The "No unnecessary touching" challenge

    Ugh had a huge S&D session earlier today. I really couldn't stop myself. I used heat tools 2 days ago, and I just had the feeling I got a crazy amount of split ends as a result (which wasn't entirely true, but I subconsciously just used it as an excuse to S&D I think)

  9. #79
    Member Begemot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,420
    Length
    SL/CBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: The "No unnecessary touching" challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Saunda View Post
    I wear my hair up most of the time because of this and still when it's down my hands are all over it, S&Ding, twirling, and inspecting. It's so hard to get myself to stop
    Same I have been actively resisting for 1.5 months now and I still can't relax even just for a short moment because I know I'll just go straight for my hair.

    Quote Originally Posted by candyluna View Post
    Ugh had a huge S&D session earlier today. I really couldn't stop myself. I used heat tools 2 days ago, and I just had the feeling I got a crazy amount of split ends as a result (which wasn't entirely true, but I subconsciously just used it as an excuse to S&D I think)
    Do you usually S&D whenever you feel like your hair needs it or do you have a schedule (once a week, once a month, eg.)?
    You are cast out from the heavens to the ground
    Blackened feathers falling down



  10. #80
    Member soldierssong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Orion Nebula
    Posts
    83
    Length
    19/30/37
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

    Default Re: The "No unnecessary touching" challenge

    Still plodding along on the no-touching. Just as long as I continue to keep my hair back and out of the way, I am mostly fine.
    I've limited myself to brushing my hair just once or sometimes twice a day, or sometimes I forget and don't brush for a day or two. My hair is definitely happier and is growing, and looking healthier as well. Yayyy!!
    feminine, nice, cold as ice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •