Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: The "No unnecessary touching" challenge

Length
    8"/HL/termi
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default Re: The "No unnecessary touching" challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    Welcome Jen! Good thing you already ditched over brushing. I have had hard time with that too. It just feels so nice! I keep my brush in a plastic zipper storage bag partly because it keeps lint away but it also prevents some brushing (can't bother to get it out of its bag). Playing with my hair is still too tempting so I keep it up. Just need to think that less is more
    The ziplock bag is a good idea too!

I worked in the Mojave Desert, (hot and dry,) for a few years, also in Fairbanks, AK, (very cold and very dry,) for a few years too and now I am in another hot desert after settling in Phoenix, AZ near my parents. Definitely time to let my hair rest!

Although when I was in Alaska the weather was so rough that I got a silk cap and pillowcase but, didn't manage to keep up with those, (the cap slipped off my toaster shaped head and the pillow case was so slippery that my pillow ended up on the floor!) I may try this again though.

Jen

Length
    SL/CBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Genne View Post
    The ziplock bag is a good idea too!

I worked in the Mojave Desert, (hot and dry,) for a few years, also in Fairbanks, AK, (very cold and very dry,) for a few years too and now I am in another hot desert after settling in Phoenix, AZ near my parents. Definitely time to let my hair rest!

Although when I was in Alaska the weather was so rough that I got a silk cap and pillowcase but, didn't manage to keep up with those, (the cap slipped off my toaster shaped head and the pillow case was so slippery that my pillow ended up on the floor!) I may try this again though.

Jen
    That's quite a change of scene/climate! I hope your hair has adjusted well. lol at the toaster shaped head I tried to tie a silk scarf as a turban for nights but it wouldn't stay put either, sigh.

Hey, it has officially been two months of no touch challenge for me, yay
    You are cast out from the heavens to the ground
    Blackened feathers falling down

Length
    SL/CBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I'm slipping. I detangled and finger-combed my hair after washing and it turned into me playing with my hair while watching TV. I have also been wearing my hair on one or two braids and I catch myself stroking the tassel(s) when I'm not busy. Grrr, I'm so weak. Brushing is still pretty minimal, though, and I do keep my hair up majority of the time. I don't know if I should allow myself to S&D this month, or any time soon. I might just end up getting carried away.

Length
    CBL/FTL/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I've been thinking about this thread lately... I did an SMT and tweaked my leave ins and my hair is soft and lovely and I just want to let it down and finger comb constantly. I'm trying to think of what would be a good balance though, between over-manipulation and still enjoying and caring for my hair. Especially since I've started doing scalp massages before washing, which I'm enjoying.

Does anyone doing this challenge care to share any quantifiable "rules" they try to follow? I'm thinking maybe only allowing myself "playtime" right before a wash would be a good middle ground.
    {just a little longer I promise}
    Please be advised that LHC-itis can become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    SL/CBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

My playtime is on wash days, so twice a week. I brush and/or finger-comb my hair and do some scalp massaging to get most sheds out before washing. Afterwards I finger-comb and detangle and apply possible leave-ins before bunning. I also aim to S&D once a month or less. I brush my hair max. twice a day. I keep my hair up majority of time to prevent myself from playing with it when I'm nervous or bored. That's about it for me Welcome to the NUT challenge, Zesty!

I fingercomb my hair way too mucb

(accidentally posted that, and I'm too noobie to edit it, I think) *much. My hair is too short to put up with anything other than elastics right now, and I'm really trying to avoid them. I do find that when my hair is up I touch it way less often. I'll experiment with half ups and see if that helps.

Length
    Pixie/14/MBL
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I am trying not to play with my hair but its hard because I haven't had it below the shoulders in over 6 years! But its really unprofessional and I want to stop disturbing the wurl pattern. It's so fun to play with though... sigh... I find I play with it less if I clip it out of my face, even if I just do the front section thats opposite my side part. If it's in a messy bun that's better than a ponytail. I'll keep experimenting.

I had it half up in a plastic clip today. On the one hand I loved the feeling of the down parts and my bangs swooshing around my face (today was a wash day, so it felt quite swooshy), but never getting in the way, but over time I think the clip started falling and pulling especially on a few hairs. I had to redo it a couple of times. That was a bit frustrating. And I am super prone to getting headaches from any thing on my head for long periods of time. Even if it's quite loose. I think the clip was causing me a bit of issue there too. I haven't ever noticed a headache issue with hairsticks. Maybe I should stay with those. The plastic clip is my mom's anyway

Length
    SL/CBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Welcome Scyphozoa and plonter! Hoping that this thread will be useful for you and eventually you won't have a problem with touching your hair too much.

I did my monthly S&D session yesterday. I did it only for 15 minutes maybe, which didn't feel "enough" and left me wanting more... Gotta resist and wait for next month