Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Base color and henna reaults

Length
    2/13/52
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Default Base color and henna results

I would love to be able to see how henna turns out on different natural colors, and I think it would be useful for people considering henna (of course always strand test every kind of color!!!!)
    So here is a place for before and after photos. Show us your results and please tell us what you used.
    Last edited by SwanFeathers; April 2nd, 2019 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Mistyped title

Length
    ShL/30/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Base color and henna reaults

good idea!
    I've been hennaing for many years now so these are old pictures but I dug up a length shot of my natural colour! (blondette I think?) I think the blondette colour usually will result in a pretty natural medium red-head colour (lighter blond will have the colour turn up much brighter and darker brown more will be more auburn or will only slightly show)
    My recipe is plain 100% henna and boiling water- nothing else! My original application was left on for 2 hours, I did one more application of 2 hours, and ever since I've only been doing roots (again, I leave it on for 2 hours every time)
    Here is my natural colour

these pics I had stuck together as a length comparison but they show the colour in natural light vs with flash
    << on the journey to grow back to this length and beyond

Length
    3"/APL/WL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

[QUOTE=Caraid♫;3665410]good idea!
    I've been hennaing for many years now so these are old pictures but I dug up a length shot of my natural colour! (blondette I think?) I think the blondette colour usually will result in a pretty natural medium red-head colour (lighter blond will have the colour turn up much brighter and darker brown more will be more auburn or will only slightly show)
    My recipe is plain 100% henna and boiling water- nothing else! My original application was left on for 2 hours, I did one more application of 2 hours, and ever since I've only been doing roots (again, I leave it on for 2 hours every time)
    ][/QUOTE

Your natural color was beautiful but the color you have achieved with Henna is seriously my favorite hair color. Love the copper tones. With my hair color there is no way to achieve that without bleaching so I'll just sit here and admire the color of those who can!

P.S. Great idea for a thread!
    Stretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | BSL | MBL | WL
    Unstretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | | BSL | MBL | WL
    Last Straightening Treatment Feb 2017. Last Chem Dye Aug 2019. Last Henna Feb 2020

Length
    ShL/30/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

[QUOTE=BerrySara;3665450]
    Quote Originally Posted by Caraid♫ View Post
    good idea!
    ][/QUOTE

Your natural color was beautiful but the color you have achieved with Henna is seriously my favorite hair color. Love the copper tones. With my hair color there is no way to achieve that without bleaching so I'll just sit here and admire the color of those who can!

P.S. Great idea for a thread!
    thank you! I remember being nervous about how it'd turn out, but I was so happy I went for it and decided to be a henna head for life!
    Though it might not affect your shade, you could probably achieve a hint of a red gleam in the sunlight in your hair!
    << on the journey to grow back to this length and beyond

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

My virgin colour is light brown I think.

In this picture I had been doing my roots only, and some occasionally henna glosses. But the hair in the bun is darker, there's a lots of hendigo blends under the henna.

I could mention too, that it only looked like this in the sun. I had no idea it was that reddish before I saw just this picture.

I think this has to be from summer 2018. I'm growing out my virgin colour now.

I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Natural color.

BAQ henna.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Oh gosh, I wish I still had my before & afters. My natural color is in my signature. My first application was copper, then it went to auburn and a more "red" tone, so much so that I got rid of it.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    2/13/52
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Ok so I finally did it. I figured that this my chance before it gets longer and I get too timid. I will post more photos after it finishes oxidizing, but here is day 1 after henna compared to natural color. I used nightbloomings fire genasi.

Natural

Henna

Natural

Henna
    Last edited by SwanFeathers; April 12th, 2019 at 12:39 PM.

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

Gorgeous, Swanfeathers. I looks very natural!
    A lurker who loves swaps

Length
    Jaw/31.5"/hip
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Such gorgeous hair in this thread!

Natural (on top, anyway - pink ends. This is with 13 months of root regrowth back in January):

Freshly hennaed in the sun, also back in Jan:

And a pic in regular outdoor light:

All the pink bits are pre-bleached, but the rest is henna over my natural dark blonde.

And another one for fun. It doesn't look quite so vibrant in all lights, but I do love the colour (just like I love the pink on the ends).