Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you wear your oil treatment to work?

Length
    27/30/50
    Type
    1a/M/iii

Question Would you wear your oil treatment to work?

Today I decided I would go for it. I applied my Innate life scalp treatment to my scalp last night. Then I put the Innate life rose elixir to my ends. For work today I am wearing my hair in a cinnabun on top of my head held with 2 claw clips, and a cotton headband to try to hid the greasiness.

Has anyone else ever worn a heavy oil treatment to work and did any one notice?

My thoughts are that I don't really care if people look at my hair and think it is greasy I know my hair is getting moisturized all day and will feel amazing tonight when I wash it!

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Would you wear your oil treatment to work?

Uh oh...Personally I would consider maaaybe an oiled braid or bun. Never visibly oiled roots, or a really heavy treatment - to me, that's akin to going out with a face mask on. Plus I would worry about staining papers with the grease.

But I guess if your job allows it and you don't feel too uncomfortable, why not.

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I second LadyCelestina Oiled length on a bun would be fine but right now I believe I would feel too uncomfortable with my whole head oiled. Never say never though, I might try it some time in the future.

Length
    BSL/Thigh/Thigh
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

I would feel too uncomfortable with oil on my head all day! If I do an oil treatment (which is rarely) I do it at home with a heat cap or bath cap. Still, I don't like it very much because of the greasiness. I have enough (personally) with my oily skin and hair. That's why I avoid using foundation and makeup in general.
    But you do you! If you feel comfortable go for it! Nobody will think that your hair is dirty or something like that, hair doesn't get that oily at the length. They will see that it's shiny.
    * BSL* MBL* WL* HL* TLB* Classic* Thigh*!!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I've oiled the length of a braided style before.

Length
    27/30/50
    Type
    1a/M/iii

Update: It is now the end of the day and no one around the office said anything about thinking my hair looked greasy!!! I actually got a compliment on my bun and headband. I think the headband hid the fact that it was greasy. I feel good knowing that my hair was soaking up the treatment all day! I think the fact that half the girls in my office have such messy "messy buns" my slightly shinny cinnabun is the least of the focus. Lol.

Length
    bsl/class/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

I go out with greasy roots no problem, as long as it's up and styled nice i can't tell any difference.

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I do it all the time. I wear a hat anyway but I take it off during break and nobody knows. I even mentioned it once and my coworkers were like wait really???
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    Birth/TBL/???
    Type
    3b/3c/M/i/ii

i actually find that i am known for my braids about once a month in work people recognize me without them in too. i normally oil and french braid both sides when i oil. so yes i do!
    ~Trying to find that perfect length~
    ~Nobel Title: la piccola donna dei lunghi capelli ricci dal bosco~
    (In Italian)

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

My hair was so dry while I was in business in LA, I drenched it in oil before work and just walked around like that. To be fair, it takes A LOT of oil for my hair to begin to look oily. At worst, it'll just look shiny. When it gets to the point that the oil is beading up on my hair and it looks damp, no, I wouldn't go out like that. But if it's just the length, and I tuck the length into a bun or twin braids then sure thing! Nobody will ever know
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode