Thread: how to make pictures from album in posts only viewable to members

Default how to make pictures from album in posts only viewable to members

Hello, when I first got to this site, there were some threads where I could not see photos, and was told this was because they were from members' albums, which required you to be level 2 to view. I"d like that protection on some of my photos also.

I recently posted some action shots of me in a couple threads, by going to my album, clicking on the picture, and copying the bb code to insert in a post.

But when I completely log off the site, I can still see those photos in the thread, as just a visitor.

How do I make them viewable to only members?
    I did see a way to edit the album to make it private, but it says then it is only viewable to mods and contacts, and I want regular members to be able to see them also?
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: how to make pictures from album in posts only viewable to members

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    Hello, when I first got to this site, there were some threads where I could not see photos, and was told this was because they were from members' albums, which required you to be level 2 to view. I"d like that protection on some of my photos also.

I recently posted some action shots of me in a couple threads, by going to my album, clicking on the picture, and copying the bb code to insert in a post.

But when I completely log off the site, I can still see those photos in the thread, as just a visitor.

How do I make them viewable to only members?
    I did see a way to edit the album to make it private, but it says then it is only viewable to mods and contacts, and I want regular members to be able to see them also?
    Are you sure you were logged off? Normally guests can't see your pictures, and you have to have 25 posts here to be able to view the public albums or a picture linked from that - so I don't understand.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Yes, I just tried it again to make sure!
    I click log off on the top right corner, it gives me a pop up saying are you sure you want to log off, I click yes, then it redirects me back to the site as a guest.
    As a guest it has the space to put in your username and password on the top right corner instead of your profile name. And also there is a yellow banner saying "welcome back, unregistered!" and "you have to register to post."

Then I went into the forum boards without logging in again, and yep can still see my photos I linked from my album.

Weird, right? So I'm not doing anything wrong and it shouldn't work?

~ ~

Length
    CBL/31/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

The photos might be in your browser cache.
    Onwards.

26-BSL-28-29-WL-31-32-HL

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Definite possibility, Fern!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Browser caches can save forum photos!? Sigh, shows how much I know about technology... i.e. zero. That's probably it, then.
    Will report back in a couple hours after dinner when I have time to mess with computer settings and test it.
    Thank you so much for the help Fern and Lapushka, appreciate it.

~ ~

That was it! You guys are so smart, never would have occurred to me! Thanks again for all the help, problem solved.

~ ~