Thread: Resin Crescent Moon Hair Stick - Help Please :)

Length
    3"/CBL/WL
    Type
    3c/M/C/ii

Default Resin Crescent Moon Hair Stick - Help Please :)

Could anyone suggest a place to order a crescent Moon hair stick shipped from the US?
    I'm sooo in love with the resin crescent hair stick from YevheniiaShop shop on Etsy like this one

But the issue is she doesn't have any in her shop right now and plus it would be shipping from Ukraine and I wanted to see if there are any options in the US (I am located in the US).

Any insight would be helpful.

If I cant find any I might have to just order a custom one from her shop and wait foreveaaa until it arrives.
    Stretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL+| BSL | MBL | WL | Hip
    Unstretched: Chin | SL | CBL+ | APL | | BSL | MBL | WL
    Growing Out Natural 3C Curls. Last Straightening Treatment Feb 2017

Length
    ?/?/?
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Default Re: Resin Crescent Moon Hair Stick - Help Please :)

I don’t know about US makers, but I ordered from that shop for a swap and it didn’t seem to take a crazy amount of time to get to Canada. HTH!

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

I canít think of any in the US. The closest I know is Windsongattic. Iíve bought acrylic claws from Julie before that fit in hair the same as crescent moons. They look like this.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Hip(34.5)**BCL(35.5)**TBL(38.0)**Sit(39.5)**Classic(42.5)**FTL(46.5)

Length
    bob/calf/ankle
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Yevheniia does custom orders, if you show her the picture of what you would like to have she will make it for you.
    It is well worth the wait!
    *Pictures* *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Length
    24/43/~47
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Just another way of thinking: do you want to settle for something you may like because you could get it quickly thanks to locality, or endure the wait (that will seem like nothing later on) for something you will love and enjoy for mayhaps a lifetime? I have many gorgeous, functional hairtoys I adore from all around the world as I tend to go with what my hairdt () says. Global updos, I haz 'em.

Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~Onwards and downwards, through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~
    APL ** BSL** MBL ** WL ** HL ** BCL ** TBL * WRIST * PALM CL THUMB * * FTL

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I do think the guy who makes Ketylos has been passed the torch on Shirts acrylic moons. No link to provide though. Check the end of the Ravenscroft Moon WOW thread,
    Maybe the discussion is in there.

Length
    24/38.25/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Oh my goodness, that is unique and gorgeous. I would think it's well worth the wait and shipping from Ukraine. I don't think I've seen a resin moon anywhere else at all. I've seen a couple of colorless and clear acrylic ones, but that's it. Every other moon I've seen has been wood.

Length
    24/43/~47
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by enting View Post
    Oh my goodness, that is unique and gorgeous. I would think it's well worth the wait and shipping from Ukraine. I don't think I've seen a resin moon anywhere else at all. I've seen a couple of colorless and clear acrylic ones, but that's it. Every other moon I've seen has been wood.
    A couple of other Russian and Ukrainian artisans have been making some amazing ones that are like terrariums, seascapes and skyscapes.

~Onwards and downwards, through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    3"/CBL/WL
    Type
    3c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfrog View Post
    I donít know about US makers, but I ordered from that shop for a swap and it didnít seem to take a crazy amount of time to get to Canada. HTH!
    Well I guess I didn't need much convincing, after I saw your message I decided to send Yevheniia a message just to ask hehe. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post
    I canít think of any in the US. The closest I know is Windsongattic. Iíve bought acrylic claws from Julie before that fit in hair the same as crescent moons. They look like this.
    Oooh very pretty C_Bookworm, I do really like that one, its very unique! But honestly your photos on Yevheniia's Etsy page has me wanting a colorful crescent moon to use in a half up-do with my dark hair, I just love that look so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by eresh View Post
    Yevheniia does custom orders, if you show her the picture of what you would like to have she will make it for you.
    It is well worth the wait!
    I'm so happy to hear from all of you its worth the wait! I ended up messaging her and asking if she could do a crescent moon similar to one of her moons she had made in past and she got right back to me and said definitely! I even asked if she could make it slightly smaller since my hair isn't very long and I wouldn't want it to look disproportionally large and it wasn't a problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    Just another way of thinking: do you want to settle for something you may like because you could get it quickly thanks to locality, or endure the wait (that will seem like nothing later on) for something you will love and enjoy for mayhaps a lifetime? I have many gorgeous, functional hairtoys I adore from all around the world as I tend to go with what my hairdt () says. Global updos, I haz 'em.
    Hehehe I love how you put it and frankly the answer is no, I don't want to settle for something less! I am in love with her crescent moons and decided to do it! This morning after reading all your messages, I emailed her back and gave her the sizes and the go ahead! Plural because I also decided to ask her for a blue moon hair fork after I read through the YevheniiaShop thread on here and saw those moon hair forks in action shots!

I'm so happy I reached out to her because you are absolutely right, it can be used for years and I wouldn't want something that I am not in love with just because I am impulsive and want it now. "hairdt" & "Global updos, I haz 'em" It _is_ really awesome to have pieces from around the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Diva View Post
    I do think the guy who makes Ketylos has been passed the torch on Shirts acrylic moons. No link to provide though. Check the end of the Ravenscroft Moon WOW thread,
    Maybe the discussion is in there.
    Wildcat Diva I did check out Ketylos website (came across the name from one of the threads here) and they had I think 2 or 3 really cool crescent moon photos listed but they were all out of stock. Actually I checked all of their items and everything was out of stock so I realized they must have closed shop. Which is a bummer. I will give Ravenscroft Moon thread a look for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by enting View Post
    I honestly looked everywhere on Etsy hoping to find other shops with resin crescent moons (since Yevheniia didn't have any in her shop and I didn't realize how easy it was going to be to contact her and ask for a custom one) and I even looked outside of Etsy. Just googled it and didn't find anything. Checked Amazon as well and really nothing. So I decided it has got to be worth getting one from her!

Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    A couple of other Russian and Ukrainian artisans have been making some amazing ones that are like terrariums, seascapes and skyscapes.
    Wow that ocean terrarium crescent moon is really stunning! the details are amazing! I like that blue sky hair crescent moon as well but they are both sold out. And honestly if I have to order from Russia or Ukraine, I think it makes sense to order from Yevheniia as her moons are what made me stop, drop and stare! But I did favorite byFlowerFox shop for future buys as I think those moons are gorgeous as well!

Thank you everyone for your replies!!
    Stretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL+| BSL | MBL | WL | Hip
    Unstretched: Chin | SL | CBL+ | APL | | BSL | MBL | WL
    Growing Out Natural 3C Curls. Last Straightening Treatment Feb 2017

Length
    24/43/~47
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Yaaaaaaay! You'll be getting your moony colours and blues on soon enough! Sounds great! I can't wait to see what they turn out like, and how they play with your hair.