Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The general Aveda thread

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default The general Aveda thread

There are a bunch of threads about specific Aveda products, as well as one on whether Aveda is "worth it" price-wise. But I can't find a thread where it makes sense to discuss all things Aveda.

So I'm creating one!

For years, one of my favorite shampoo/conditioner/leave-in combos has been Aveda's Damage Remedy. It was the only product suite in their lineup that detangled my baby fine hair well. And it smells like spices and sweet orange, which I find pleasant.

I've had at least two major sheds due to medications. Both times, I lost at least a third, perhaps half of my hair. It came out in handfuls in the shower. Both times, Aveda's Invati products helped me to regrow my hair.

Fast forward to last Saturday. I went to Aveda because I had read glowing reviews on their reformulated Shampure shampoo and conditioner. The product descriptions indicate that they are cone-free, but that the conditioner detangles "on contact." Of course, I bought a bottle of each, which the saleslady indicated are formulated for all hair types, so they're lighter than Damage Remedy.

I used them yesterday day and I am already blown away by how effective they are and how fabulous my hair looks and feels. The shampoo didn't feel at all stripping, but cleaned well. And the conditioner did, indeed, detangle on contact. If you've ever used Pantene's conditioner, well, it's that effective, at least for me.

When it dried, my hair was so soft that I couldn't keep my hands off it. It's also super shiny and silky feeling.

Today, I made an updo and my hair was extremely manageable. It looked smooth without being weighted down.

When I took it down from the updo, OMG, the body was incredible. Keep in mind, I have baby fine, straight hair, but a lot of it. It looks so full that I truly didn't recognize my own hemline.

Time will tell, but I think I've finally found my HG products!

Please feel free to add your experiences with Aveda -- good and bad -- below.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: The general Aveda thread

Aveda hair products are very hit or miss for me, but I do love how they smell. The Scalp Benefits conditioner I really like, as well as the Light Elements Smoothing fluid/ serum. I also like their color toning shampoos & conditioners.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by renia22 View Post
    Aveda hair products are very hit or miss for me, but I do love how they smell. The Scalp Benefits conditioner I really like, as well as the Light Elements Smoothing fluid/ serum. I also like their color toning shampoos & conditioners.
    renia22, my experience with their products has been hit or miss, too. Some of their products don't work for me at all, including the Rosemary Mint shampoo and conditioner and their Damage Remedy Oil. The RM products don't cleanse or condition well (YMMV) and the DRO works, but smells dreadful.

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

That's great, it's so amazing to find a HG. I would recommend stashing a few bottles away just because companies can just switch up recipes at random so you can have a few back ups in case that happens

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
    That's great, it's so amazing to find a HG. I would recommend stashing a few bottles away just because companies can just switch up recipes at random so you can have a few back ups in case that happens
    Thank you, milosmomma. Sadly, you're absolutely right. And, ironically, the people who loved the old formula are ticked off because Aveda switched to my HG formula.

A couple of my favorite hair care products were ruined when the makers "improved" them.

Length
    24"/24"/36"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

In general, I love Aveda and their "Aveda smell". Even though there's other products that work for my hair, Aveda is good as a treat. My favorite is the Scalp Benefits S&C.

I absolutely agree the new Shampure is absolutely amazing ! I rotate these with the damage remedy s&c and my hair is the best it’s ever been . Body , bounce , shine and that smell ! I’m in heaven. I adore Aveda it’s the ultimate in haircare ❤️❤️

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian1978 View Post
    I absolutely agree the new Shampure is absolutely amazing ! I rotate these with the damage remedy s&c and my hair is the best it’s ever been . Body , bounce , shine and that smell ! I’m in heaven. I adore Aveda it’s the ultimate in haircare ❤️❤️
    It's nice to hear from another Shampure fan, Gillian!

I have an appointment at Aveda for Thursday. It's my birthday month, so I'm going to get a complementary facial, a Composition oil and extra bonus points. (Is it 2X or 3X points? I don't remember.) I am going to stock up on Shampure conditioner, since I go through far more conditioner than I do shampoo.

Oh wow Neoma I’m sure you will love that ! I’ve thought about buying the shampure oil for my hair - I just adore the smell. I go through more conditioner than shampoo too! I’m definately saving up for the litres of these ones. I’ve never had anything make my hair so silky and clean.i hope you enjoy your lovely facial ! 😘

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian1978 View Post
    Oh wow Neoma I’m sure you will love that ! I’ve thought about buying the shampure oil for my hair - I just adore the smell. I go through more conditioner than shampoo too! I’m definately saving up for the litres of these ones. I’ve never had anything make my hair so silky and clean.i hope you enjoy your lovely facial ! ��
    Thank you, Gillian! I'm soooooo looking forward to Thursday!

I like their Composition Oils. I've gone through several bottles of the Stress Fix version, which is mainly lavender and extremely relaxing.