Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The general Aveda thread

Default Re: The general Aveda thread

I used the old Shampure for ages and loved it. I haven’t bought any Aveda products for a long time but I am tempted by them. The price seems to have gone up a lot, but maybe I’m just more conscious of it because I’m not earning any money (I’m looking after my daughter). I remember thinking that, although it was expensive to buy a huge bottle, it would last me so long that it was the equivalent of buying lots of cheaper bottles

I still use a very old bottle of their swimmers shampoo/conditioner. I use it for chelating every now and again.

Has anyone used the Madder Root shampoo recently? I used to love the golden red colour it gave, but it didn’t suit my hair type, it made my hair go floppy.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

^ I do like the color shampoos, clove and the violet ones. It’s been a while since I’ve used madder root, but I like that one too. They are one of the only color toning shampoos that don’t leave a ton of residue in my hair. Unfortunately they only sell them in liters, and I don’t always want that much, it takes so long to get through those huge bottles. The color toning conditioners are good on my hair too.

It looks like the Cherry Almond line is back as well:

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by renia22 View Post
    ^ I do like the color shampoos, clove and the violet ones. It’s been a while since I’ve used madder root, but I like that one too. They are one of the only color toning shampoos that don’t leave a ton of residue in my hair. Unfortunately they only sell them in liters, and I don’t always want that much, it takes so long to get through those huge bottles. The color toning conditioners are good on my hair too.

It looks like the Cherry Almond line is back as well:

Hi renia22

The saleslady at Aveda said that the cherry almond detangles beautifully, but it would be too heavy for my baby fine hair.

It looks like it it would work well for you as a 2C. Lucky you! It smells soooooooooo good!

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    Hi renia22

The saleslady at Aveda said that the cherry almond detangles beautifully, but it would be too heavy for my baby fine hair.

It looks like it it would work well for you as a 2C. Lucky you! It smells soooooooooo good!

Hi Neoma

If I get a sample I might try it, but I’m afraid it may be too heavy for my fine hair too. That smell, though..so nice!

A sales lady at Aveda told me that the (old) Shampure would be too heavy for me, but it wasn’t

Type
    2a/F/ii

I used to love Aveda Shampure, especially the smell. But the last time I bought it, a few weeks ago, it changed! I hope it was just a one time thing, but it smells totally different, and doesn't clean my hair. I'm so disappointed. The old Shampure smelled amazing, why change it?

I hope it was just one bad batch, I hope they did not change the formula.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

My 20-minute facial lasted about an hour. The salesgirl was so sweet and attentive and the treatment was so pampering.

When I got there, my hair was in a flipped bun secured with hair sticks. I took it down so I could recline in the salon chair. When the facial was over, she sprayed some volumnizer into my roots and blowed them dry. My hair looked so beautiful that I didn't put it up again. (I wear it up 99.9% of the time.)

I bought rinseless refresh™ micellar hair & scalp refresher, a liter bottle of Shampure conditioner and a bottle of Invati shampoo for DH. I redeemed some of my points on full-size bottles of Hand Relief and Foot Relief and a small bottle of Hand Relief.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I've tried the rinseless refresh™ micellar hair & scalp refresher twice and my verdict is in...

I love the fragrance. It's divine: light, fresh and herbally.

However, it makes my hair feel weighted down and coated. My DD1 hair is decent, especially since I wear it up all the time. This made it look much worse.

I used it on our neighbor's Yorkie this morning. (She's staying with us for a while.) Trupa has a puppy cut and her face and legs are fluffy. She walks four miles or more every day, so she was smelling really doggy today. I sprayed her with rinseless refresh™ micellar hair & scalp refresher and used the blow dryer on her, mainly to make her smell a little fresher. It did, but her coat feels, well...coated.

I may return this product. It's too pricey to keep if it doesn't work well.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    I may return this product. It's too pricey to keep if it doesn't work well.
    If the dog even rejects it (LOL), then yes, I would return it! Too bad it didn't work out for you.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    If the dog even rejects it (LOL), then yes, I would return it! Too bad it didn't work out for you.
    You made me laugh, lapushka! Thank you!