View Poll Results: What texture do you prefer for YOUR hair?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have straight hair and I prefer straight

22 22.92%
  • I have straight hair but I prefer waves

18 18.75%
  • I have straight hair but I prefer curls

5 5.21%
  • I have waves but prefer straight

14 14.58%
  • I have waves but prefer curls

11 11.46%
  • I have curls but prefer straight

2 2.08%
  • I have curls but prefer waves

0 0%
  • other (comments)

24 25.00%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What hair texture you like better for YOUR hair? (straight vs waves vs curls)

Length
    BSL/WL-HL/BCL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Default What hair texture you like better for YOUR hair? (straight vs waves vs curls)

I have been wondering this for a while looking at the forum here. Where I come from, straight hair is rather high in demand. However, on these forums I observe people tend to prefer curls and waves. So I thought this would be an interesting topic. Tell me how you prefer to style your hair. Do you prefer it straight/waves/ or with curls? OR other?
    Last edited by priinnz; March 5th, 2019 at 02:43 AM.

Length
    buzz/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: What hair texture you like better for YOUR hair? (straight vs waves vs curls)

The poll is missing the option for those with waves who like their waves, and with curls who like their curls!

I'm not sure where I stand here, but I like to think I'm mostly over wishing I could change my hair type. I still feel like it's a bit too 'in between' hair types, like is it wavy or curly?? but as it grows longer, I'm more and more happy with having those loose curls that cascade down my back (getting there anyway); I think growing it longer is causing me to truly appreciate the hair I have, be more familiar with it, and love whatever it does when I treat it well. I TRY not to go out of my way to force it to be one way or another. I do love how naturally straight hair looks, but flat ironed hair looks so bad on me... similarly, I'll never have tighter curls (the dream) than what naturally occurs on my head, so I may as well just go with it!
    just growing along and seeing how far I go!
    originally made it to BSL, then cut to chin in june 2019 to remove damage. current length: BSL-- but healthier now!

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: What hair texture you like better for YOUR hair? (straight vs waves vs curls)

Quote Originally Posted by itskate View Post
    The poll is missing the option for those with waves who like their waves, and with curls who like their curls!
    Indeed!

My answer would be that I have slight waves and I like my hair that way, I wouldn't want to change my texture. I like how my hair can lean towards being either straight (without any major frizz or poof issues) or wavy depending on which I try to encourage.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    BSL/WL-HL/BCL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Oops! Thanks for bringing this to my notice. Is it possible to edit the poll now?

It's also missing an option for Cheese :Þ

My hair is pretty straight when brushed, but it seems to get a little wavy if not brushed or if it's been a while or tied up

I generally like straighter hair, but sometimes curls blow me away like Tilly in Star Trek Discovery

Length
    18 in/38/44
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I like to keep it straight these days. It is kind of thin and it floats in the wind which I like. On special occasions I curl it and it looks rather medieval. On semi special occasions I curl just the ends and brush them out. When I want to do something different I wear it in a french braid to bed (kind of tightly)...and then unbraid it in the morning and it makes these really pretty waves that keep with the light floaty quality. For the past 5 years I really wanted thick curly hair because I thought it looked amazing. But now, I guess I don't care as much and like it for what it is.

but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.
    1 Peter 3:4 ESV

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Curls are so much easier for me to take care of (perms). I don't know why. Maybe the uniformity in curl does it and the fact that it is a "set" style. So easy to style for me.

But I have started wearing my hair wavy (after perms years ago) and have learned to style it just as well.

I still love curls so much and don't understand why people hate them so much. Wavy and straight hair is so much harder to deal with, IMO.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/WL-HL/BCL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Indeed!

My answer would be that I have slight waves and I like my hair that way, I wouldn't want to change my texture. I like how my hair can lean towards being either straight (without any major frizz or poof issues) or wavy depending on which I try to encourage.
    Ylva, I feel my hair is probably similar to yours - texture wise. I too can encourage either texture; perhaps I have a bit more wave than yours, but can’t be too sure.
    But of course our hair colour is like opposite ends of the B&W scale and your platinum blond locks look gorgeous, almost ethereal!!!
    Last edited by priinnz; March 5th, 2019 at 01:39 PM.

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I don't even know what texture my hair is and I prefer to just wear it up lmao. It always looks like crap.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    BSL/WL-HL/BCL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lithostoic View Post
    I don't even know what texture my hair is and I prefer to just wear it up lmao. It always looks like crap.
    Awwww... your hair look so beautiful in your hair typing album. I bet at hip length it is gorgeous. It looks like something you can easily style to look either straight or wavy. But updos are so much cooler!