Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Henna, here I come!

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Henna, here I come!

I finally (thanks to 3AM lack of sleep) ordered two sample colours to redo my hair with. It's been so long - my hair is red in the sun, but I want it like that in all lighting, and I discovered that a sample pack or two does a fine job for my hair. The package arrived today... Fire and Sunshine! I'm so excited! I kinda think I should just do it right this instant, but I'm still deciding how I want to apply it.

Length
    15/29.5/34
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Henna, here I come!

WOOHOO! Yay for you! Can't wait for pics!

Shoulder~APL~BSL
    ~Waist - Onward to Hip?!

I'm thinking about henna too! What brand did you get?

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Eek that’s so exciting!! Can’t wait to see it.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I went with the "random glop" option. Used some conditioner to get the remnants, so we'll see how it turns out, haha. It might be a bit splotchy but it turned out well the last time I did almost the same thing, sans conditioner, and was happy with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondancer View Post
    I'm thinking about henna too! What brand did you get?
    Mehandi (Ancient Sunrise), I got the fire and sunshine colours, cause they seemed to be the brightest ones, but they have quite a few options to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by FrayedFire View Post

Mehandi (Ancient Sunrise), I got the fire and sunshine colours, cause they seemed to be the brightest ones, but they have quite a few options to choose from.
    I'll look those up. Sounds pretty, looking forward to pics!

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Probably won't get pics until tomorrow, but I will make sure to get some up. Plus I get to show off my "I can sit on my hair" length at the same time.

Length
    APL/BCL/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Can't wait to see the results. I love a fresh henna! Did you mix both kits together? Or just do one? If so, which?

APL ~
    BSL~ Waist~ Hip ~BCL~ TBL
    Hennahead~Type 1c/M/ii/iii

I can't wait to see the result So!

Actually please post pictures before, during, and after. I've never seen the henna process, and I'm probably not the only one who would appreciate it.

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Ugh, my 4 paragraph reply got deleted cause I took too long and it logged me out.

Results are too subtle, but my hair feels nice. I will have to order more and change the ratio. Too much cassia, not enough henna. Only the tips of my hair got red, where I concentrated fire, sunshine on the length didn't do much. I could do the colours the other way around. Sunshine was a 3:1 so I think that's only good for touchup. I'll need a 1:1 like Fire or maybe a 2:1 if I mixed them to get enough red to make a difference to my natural shade.

Not really worth taking pictures, my hair basically looks the same. Maybe a bit of a gold sheen? It feels great but there's not enough copper, except on the ends. I want those brassy tones!