Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Moon hairtoys

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Moon hairtoys - what size to get?

I was confused when looking for a moon toy as well, so I went with a pair from woodberryart, one 4.4 inches and a smaller 3 inch. https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1583297077 I figure I would just experiment when they arrive, but Milady your has is quite thick so I am curious to see if you would need a larger one perhaps.
    Lunasea, I have said before that I adore your hairtoy taste and I'll say it again! Love your moon!
    I'll be sure to check back here when my moons arrive for ideas on how to use them as I think they will be a little tricky

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Ohhh cool. Not too far away
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
    I was confused when looking for a moon toy as well, so I went with a pair from woodberryart, one 4.4 inches and a smaller 3 inch. https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1583297077 I figure I would just experiment when they arrive, but Milady your has is quite thick so I am curious to see if you would need a larger one perhaps.
    Lunasea, I have said before that I adore your hairtoy taste and I'll say it again! Love your moon!
    I'll be sure to check back here when my moons arrive for ideas on how to use them as I think they will be a little tricky
    The transaction links only works for the buyer you got to take the link from the sold section. I would love to see your moons, mine will come from WoodBerryArt too.

I've been measuring and I think I will go with a 13 cm moon (5 1/4") aprox, up to 5.5" may be. I still have time to investigate a little, so I might make an experiment before

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCL • TBL • Wrist • Classic! • FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 42,5" - 108cm
    My little braid thread

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Milady_DeWinter View Post
    The transaction links only works for the buyer you got to take the link from the sold section. I would love to see your moons, mine will come from WoodBerryArt too.

I've been measuring and I think I will go with a 13 cm moon (5 1/4") aprox, up to 5.5" may be. I still have time to investigate a little, so I might make an experiment before
    Oh I didn't know! Sorry about that. Try this link, there are more like them still up for sale so this should work...https://www.etsy.com/listing/6149315...active_7&frs=1

I love the way Woodberryart looks and style overall, I would love to see your custom big moon as well. Do you have a wood picked out for the material?

Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

WOW that set is beautiful! Please share when you receive it! My moons will be a set of 2; as for the little one, it will be the same as in your set but reversed (the black wenge as the back and the borders, and the bloodwood in the middle). I'm still deciding on the big one; it will have some part (1 of the prongs) with resin and stuff. And I think that the chosen wood will be dark rosewood

My little braid thread

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Oooo they sound pretty pretty! I love the partial acrylic moons with the inlayed flowers, are you just going for resin, or adding flowers inside too? I plan on going back for a partial resin one depending on how easily I find using the ones I am already waiting on

Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Oooo they sound pretty pretty! I love the partial acrylic moons with the inlayed flowers, are you just going for resin, or adding flowers inside too? I plan on going back for a partial resin one depending on how easily I find using the ones I am already waiting on
    With flowers, yep got to decide the colors etc. They are very beautiful

My little braid thread

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I think I see your black and red moon posted to their page now,
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/6721427...ctive_13&frs=1
    If so I love it!

Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I think I see your black and red moon posted to their page now,
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/6721427...ctive_13&frs=1
    If so I love it!
    Yep, that is it! He will save for me the little moon until he big one were ready. I love how it look!

My little braid thread

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

So the moons came and I have been doing some experimenting with some inspo from bookworm and crystawni in the yevhenia thread, but seeing as these are woodberry art I figured maybe we should start sharing moons here

Here's the smaller 3 inch moon in a half up, pretty successful attempt. The hold felt just ok though.

This attempt was pretty much a fail but thought I'd share anyways, you don't get it perfect everytime...or if you're like me a majority of the time

So here's the big one, it's 4.4inches. It is pretty off center but the hold feels firm, I'm getting there

Still working it out. I think we should either expand this thread with moon tips or start a moon tip thread because I need halp