Thread: Shampoo caps

Length
    BSL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Shampoo caps

I saw some no-rinse hair masks from Yes To online the other day claiming they would clean your hair and allow it to be restyled; has anyone tried something like this? If so, how did it work?
    I want to give the variety targeted for frizzy/curly hair a try. It would be nice if it could refresh my waves without having to take a shower, but I'm concerned about this kind of thing possibly leaving residue.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Shampoo caps

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I saw some no-rinse hair masks from Yes To online the other day claiming they would clean your hair and allow it to be restyled; has anyone tried something like this? If so, how did it work?
    I want to give the variety targeted for frizzy/curly hair a try. It would be nice if it could refresh my waves without having to take a shower, but I'm concerned about this kind of thing possibly leaving residue.
    No-rinse hair masks doesn't mean you don't need to shampoo your hair first, right? Or, is it me who's confused now?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    25.5"/.../Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

They're wipes. Guessing they work the same way as blotting paper does for your face. Just larger and with more ingredients for your roots.

Be the voice for those that can't speak...

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/Class/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Everything that's not rinsed out will 100% leave a residue (the only exception I can think of is alcohol, like, the actual "bad" alcohol). I think it's something like dry shampoo but not a shampoo, you can use it if your hair needs quick refreshing, but it's by no means a substitute for washing.
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ TERM
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018

Length
    15/29.5/34
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

UGH - got glitchy and double-posted.... nothing to see here!
    Last edited by spitfire511; February 21st, 2019 at 06:45 AM. Reason: double post

Shoulder~APL~BSL
    ~Waist - Onward to Hip?!

Length
    15/29.5/34
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I've never seen anything like it - and not sure I'd be willing to risk it personally.

Here's the link

And here's the ingredient list of the blueberries one: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Water (Aqua), Propanediol, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Glycerin, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Yogurt Filtrate, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Panthenol, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Polyquaternium-10, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xylitol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool.

Shoulder~APL~BSL
    ~Waist - Onward to Hip?!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire511 View Post
    I've never seen anything like it - and not sure I'd be willing to risk it personally.

Here's the link

And here's the ingredient list of the blueberries one: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Water (Aqua), Propanediol, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Glycerin, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Yogurt Filtrate, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Panthenol, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Polyquaternium-10, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xylitol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool.
    The ingredients wouldn't be bad for a *real* product, after all I had a shampoo once (used it up last year) that had more AV than water, and it was an awesome product for my SD.

But this seems gimmicky to me.

Length
    15/29.5/34
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Agreed lapushka - in a quick search I found similar products intended for the medical field (I can only assume for someone who is bedridden and cannot bathe in a typical fashion). Would make total sense in the instance - but not so much for a 'trying not to wash my hair today' product... but that's just my 2 cents!

Shoulder~APL~BSL
    ~Waist - Onward to Hip?!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire511 View Post
    Agreed lapushka - in a quick search I found similar products intended for the medical field (I can only assume for someone who is bedridden and cannot bathe in a typical fashion). Would make total sense in the instance - but not so much for a 'trying not to wash my hair today' product... but that's just my 2 cents!
    I have a body cream that is no-rinse and that you can use to wash with. They use it in elderly homes here - a lot. It's from Tena. I use it to coat my limbs daily as they are full of nerve pain and even "touching" is a bit much, especially a deeper touch, so that is how I keep those fresh in between weekly washes (those are an ordeal though as they are deeper touches).