Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Palospelos - Spanish hairtoys brand

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Palospelos - Spanish hairtoys brand

Beautiful hair toys my lady and that fork looks lovely in your hair! So nice with an European shop!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Too bad they're not on Etsy (easier for me). Or, are they?

Pretty! The abalone fork is very familiar to me somehow. I remember those were popular at one point on Etsy, but I can't for the life of me remember the store name!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GrowlingCupcake View Post
    That's a gorgeous fork!
    Quote Originally Posted by eresh View Post
    Beautiful fork Milady!
    Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Beautiful hair toys my lady and that fork looks lovely in your hair! So nice with an European shop!
    Thank you GC, Tatsu and eresh I really like how it looks too

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Too bad they're not on Etsy (easier for me). Or, are they?

Pretty! The abalone fork is very familiar to me somehow. I remember those were popular at one point on Etsy, but I can't for the life of me remember the store name!
    Nop, they are not on Etsy. I haven't bought from their web just yet, but seems to accept paypal and looks easy to navigate (I know that a lot of stores outside etsy are Hell). And yep, I saw a similar style on Thailand and Indonesian shops The thin and long style of the sticks also remind me of those, but this store gave it a twist with more original designs; for example, the wibbly wobbly prongs of the abalone fork. And it's more obvious on the newest collections, as in the black horn fork with the "peineta" shape.

I didn't found much on the net about the saba/sono wood, seems to be used for piercings and such. It looks like rosewood; if it's similar in characteristics, then it's a great wood to use as fo hairtoys (I love my rosewood ones). If you know something else please share, I'm lost if doesn't appear in the wood database :P

Here are some more pics! The tiny 4" sticks were, as I supposed, the most perfect thing as for double buns. I was looking for more hairtoys to wear this style (still have to decide which twin flexis would do the thing), so I'm veeery happy with those. The blue color is very pretty, they are subtle and elegant and hold like a rock:

And here's the spiral fork: my hair was previously bunned and brushed, so no natural texture here. It has 4" tines, so I only can use it on half buns to hold securely.

Last edited by Milady_DeWinter; February 21st, 2019 at 01:32 AM.

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristClassic!FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 42,5" - 108cm
    My little braid thread

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Thank you for the update! Those toys also looks lovely in your hair!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Crotchety Pastry GrowlingCupcake's Avatar
    Length
    15/21.5/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Those sticks are so pretty! I hope they'll make them in longer sizes. The spiral fork is also very nice, and the wood colour really suits both your natural hair, and the dyed/henna'd bits. But I'm definitely all about those blue sticks!

Also, Milady, you are giving me serious hair envy =P Your double LWBs look like they'd be the size of my regular ones!
    Big chop - 18th August 2021
    SL/15 - CLB/17 - APL/21 - MBL/26 - WL/30 - HL/32 - BCL/36 - TBL/40 - CL/45
    Measuring unstretched because flexibility is dumb.

Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Thank you for the update! Those toys also looks lovely in your hair!
    Thank you Tatsu

Quote Originally Posted by GrowlingCupcake View Post
    Those sticks are so pretty! I hope they'll make them in longer sizes. The spiral fork is also very nice, and the wood colour really suits both your natural hair, and the dyed/henna'd bits. But I'm definitely all about those blue sticks!

Also, Milady, you are giving me serious hair envy =P Your double LWBs look like they'd be the size of my regular ones!
    Thank you! It's just the nature of the beast, can do nothing about it. For the record, I think that small double buns are waaaay cuter

About the swarovski sticks, I will ask the owner, Helena, about the possibility of making them longer. She is very friendly and is gladly accepting feedback. Today she told me that the web is being updated with the sizes and will put weights too, and that all hairsticks are about 16cm (a bit over 6" plus the topper) unless it says otherwise.

Today I'm wearing the dragon stick, will take pics later. So far it's been 4h in my bun and still going strong.
    Last edited by Milady_DeWinter; February 21st, 2019 at 05:03 AM.

My little braid thread

Type
    2a/C/ii

They all look great! Really like those small sticks, but I would never do double buns, so I don't know what I would use them for, half ups? Anyway, I look forward to the rest of the action shots ^.^ and as always you take beautiful photos. What kind of camera do you use?

Length
    24/47"/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Last I checked, sono wood either is, or is very close to East Indian Rosewood. I have a fork made out of Sono wood. It's considered a rosewood because of its smell, but it's less nice smelling than other rosewoods. Many may still like the smell. I happened to really dislike it so I slathered it in coconut oil, but then, I don't care for the smell of roses very much as it is.

These all look very beautiful. I especially like the dragon stick.

Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Estrid View Post
    They all look great! Really like those small sticks, but I would never do double buns, so I don't know what I would use them for, half ups? Anyway, I look forward to the rest of the action shots ^.^ and as always you take beautiful photos. What kind of camera do you use?
    Thank you! It is just my old Nikon D5100 with a 35mm focus. I love that camera to bits I try to avoid using the phone for pucs that I want to share.

Quote Originally Posted by enting View Post
    Last I checked, sono wood either is, or is very close to East Indian Rosewood. I have a fork made out of Sono wood. It's considered a rosewood because of its smell, but it's less nice smelling than other rosewoods. Many may still like the smell. I happened to really dislike it so I slathered it in coconut oil, but then, I don't care for the smell of roses very much as it is.

These all look very beautiful. I especially like the dragon stick.
    Thank you for the info! Those don't have any smell The dragon stick is lovely, even for me -I'm not a fan of gold Let's see if I can post the action pic before dinner
    Last edited by Milady_DeWinter; February 21st, 2019 at 01:34 PM.

My little braid thread

Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

And here is the dragon stick at last! It feels light in the hair, and hold my hair without having to redo it for over 8 hours - it was a calm day where I was mostly studying, and doing some errands. I'm used to wider sticks so I was extra careful with this one. If feels strong, but being so thin I'm afraid that it might break more easily -it's not a TT- than chubbier ones. Anyway, it passed the proof and looked so beautiful meanwhile. I like it in silver better, but there were just a few units and I received it in gold - I love it anyway, despite I might darken it a bit with paint for metal now that the official pic was taken

The ball has something inside so it make a soft cute "cling" sound, barely noticiable, I liked it didn't annoyed me even when I was studying -I even forgot that I was wearing it. But it's good to know.

I've got the feeling that those kind of slim sticks would work better and more securely in pairs, esp in very thick hair like mine. I wanna pair the mexican skull with the feathers stick, so I'll let you know

(click the pic to see it larger)

My little braid thread